Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys:

Just thought I'd clue you in to tonight's show. Joe Eugster, my really good friend, kills a giant 150 class 8 pointer that we chased for 3 years. It's a really neat hunt and a really cool story line.

Enjoy. Look forward to chatting with you all afterwards.

Bryon Thompson
Drury Outdoors

·
Registered
397 Posts
That was an awesome deer and he made a great shot on it!! You guys keep up the good work...You've definetly got one of the best shows going!! :thumbs_up

·
Registered
72 Posts
It was a good show again Bryon.

I got to say the best part of the show for me is when I saw the big old Welcome to Minnesota sign, even though Team Peplinski/Pitcher didn't hunt here. :confused:

Keep up the good work at Drury :thumbs_up

·
Registered
293 Posts
Joe's response was priceless! Really enjoying this season's shows, I would like to see a little more air time for the Texas Boy's, but I guess that will happen later in the season. Good Luck to you guy's!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
LOVED both dream season and wildlife obessesions but on the wildlife obessesions did any body notic that the guy from PA shot that doe he directly shot that doe in the gut the after he was like whooaa baby we made a good shot the they show the doe and him later and he had his bow over the gut shot i know it happens but he could of said ooo that was a bad shot or something i saw another guy do it in a different epsiode that he hit a buck in the gut and said i know that was a bad shot o well great show just had to blabber a lil bit :thumbs_up

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I've made shots on deer that were not where I thought they hit, and not realised that until recovering the animal. Maybe it looked like a good hit to him, and since they tape those after action responses immediately instead of staging it the next day, you got an honest reaction. Sometimes we think we hit a deer in one spot, only to find the arrow landed a little higher... a little further back...a little lower...when we recover the animal. Maybe the guy really thought he made a good shot.

I didn't see it, but if he showed some excitement, I would think he really thought he made a good shot. Most guys I know, if they know they made a gut shot, their immediate reaction is not excitment...it may be anger at themselves, disgust, worry or concern, or visibly let down, but not excited.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Bryon,

That was a monster your buddy shot! Congrats!!!

I know how that feels to have a buddy shoot a deer you have been seeing.... Kinda Mixed emotions..... Wish you would have got him but at the same time couldn't be happier for your buddy!!!

A couple of years ago I missed a nice 8 at 20yrds and the next weekend my cousin gave him the shaft!!! At least I get to see him every time I go to my cousins house!!! lol.... :D

Keep up the good work! Great show! :thumbs_up

·
Registered
215 Posts
How about a PHOTO?

How about a photo posted for us POOR blokes who can't get your program? :cry:

YET!

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
I wouldn't say he made a gut shot. Was it a perfect shot? No, not by any means, but from what I saw it looked like he caught the back of the lungs and probably even the liver. Looked like the arrow was a little high and about mid body to me.

I believe I seen that episode you are talking about too where the guy let the buck go cause he was unsure of the shot. If it was the same one they ended up finding the buck in a swamp 50 yards from where he made the shot, and the shot was a lot better than he had inititally thought as well.

Oh well, not looking to fight with ya, just gave my opinion. Keep up the good work Bryon, and good luck.

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
Nice buck for Joe , and keep up the great work at Drury ... :thumbs_up

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey guys...

Thanks for the support. Knowing Joe as well as I do, his reaction was priceless. He acted like a little kid. It's neat to see a guy like that get that "geeked" up about this sport we so dearly love.

Yes, some of the hunts are the same on the dvd's (Eugster's hunt was featured on the dvd's) some of them are different and new. fyi...

I am glad you all are enjoying the show...I am having fun conversing with you all on this board.

Shoot straight this fall.

Bryon

·
Registered
247 Posts
hello again

This weeks Dream Season was great it was full of highs and lows between the great buck that Eugester took and then the theft of team Peplinski and Pitcher stands. It is a damn shame that people can’t keep their filthy hands of other peoples stuff.

Here is the big question is there no law about wearing orange while hunting with a firearm in the state of Virginia.

One last thing congrats to your partner on the 2 shot buck on wildlife obsession I have never had a deer stick around for two shots. This has been one of the best episodes so far keep up the good work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts