Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm soaking my skull right now in 3% and have a large pot but if I have to fill it up with the peroxide and water I feel it would be too dilute. Can I just soak it in peroxide to bleach it and if so how long should I leave it in? The last peroxide session didn't get it as white as I would have like it. I know you can get the gel for medical purposes but all I can find is the 3% topical. I was thinking it may take several hours I am right?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
The boiling thing is mainly for getting the meat off.

Go to a hair salon and get thier bleaching gel. Its something like 20% or higher even. THat will help you out. The way you are doing now could take a while and may not get to the whiteness you want

·
Registered
19,452 Posts
Heavy arrow is correct.......go to the Beautyless salon and get the peroxide gel (40%) and brush it on..........works great !

Attachments

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
The 40% from the salon is faster, but the 3% will work just as well. It just takes enough to submerse the skull, and you should probably leave it in there for close to a week. It'll have to be dry before you can tell how white it is. One question, did you degrease the skull first? If not, it may never get as white as you want if there's grease still there. This can be especially bad on skulls that are boiled.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I used dish soap after I finished cleaning it off. I've actually re-soaked it because it smelled now it's better but not perfect. I'll leave it in for a while and if I still dont like it I'll look for the salon peroxide that was mentioned. Thanks for the suggestions :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts