Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
It's only a pity that there weren't as many archers present as the previous championships.
I have no idea why this was the case. Anybody?

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Is there an official web site of this competition?

What is this competition, a world championship? Is the same type of competition like in Australia last year?

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Pierre, going out on a limb and making a guess, but I believe this will be pretty close to correct..........

I believe what they were shooting was the European FITA field championships. Same format as the World last year hosted in Australia, but for the Euro's only (though I'm guessing archers from other countries outside Europe could attend as guests?). Like a Canadian Championship essentially. Format probably was a 24 unmarked first day, 24 marked the second day, and then cuts, elimination rounds, and head-to-head the following day(s). Again, same as Australia (FITA World Field Championships) last year.

As far as a website goes, don't know if the host country put one up or not (more commonly do). I would check Alternative Sporting Services site and see if they have a link to the host for results, stories, pix, etc. Alternative is usually very good at keeping their site up to date regarding these things.

Hope this helps and is not overly far from reality :D................

>>-------->

·
Registered
65 Posts
Pete 731,

CHPro is completely right. It was the European championship in the same format as the worlds last year in Australia.
You will be linked to the official page if you go to the site of the French federation.
http://www.ffta.fr
It's just a pity that this site isn't to good.
For more information you'd better use the links Jari provided.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts