Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
196 Posts
My dear husband actually called me to tell me he had overtime this weekend (12 hours each day). I said, that's too bad! I'll miss shooting with you. . . . But I'm still going to the shoot! :) Then, he told me he was just yanking my chain, and he didn't have to go in this weekend! LOL So, I would have, if I had to, but at this point, I haven't had to go alone. I'm sorry you're in that boat. Maybe you can meet some new and interesting people while you're there!

· Registered
5,223 Posts
Yep, I have.....Lots of times....One time, I ended up with a good job as a result of going to a 3-D shoot alone...Ended up shooting with a stranger, we hit it off pretty good, He offered me a job, as an Apprentice Machinist, and 18 years later, I'm still crankin' handles, and making chips......Sometimes, having your buddies not show up works out.....Jim

· NC ASA Director
36,226 Posts
I do about 3 or 4 times a year when I can't get any of my peeps to go along.

I usually just ask some cool looking dudes if they mind if I shoot with them, then I end up making some new friends. :thumb:

· Spot On Bowstrings
3,285 Posts
I go to a few by myself just to get to shoot with people you don't know. I think this is good practice for the national shoots.

· Registered
299 Posts
I've been thinking about this too. Usually my wife, bestfriend/his wife and I all shoot together, but when they don't want to go I'm stuck at home too. I might go a few weekends by myself this year.

· Registered
1,531 Posts
I have to, there aren't many people I know who are able to get time off to shoot due to work and families. I have found there are some really nice "strangers" out there though. It seems like, more times than not, those people are willing to help me learn the in's and out's of shooting.

· Registered
22,716 Posts
I go by myself all the time. Ocassionally it is pre -arranged to meet up with someone. But, I have shot enough to where I know 90% of the people there and can join in with about anyone.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.