Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
SuperToon'd
11,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a local shop yesterday to kill some foam for about an hour. When I got there I paid the guy behind the counter and proceeded to the indoor target range. I picked a lane as there was already a gentleman shooting and hung the target. I checked my gear real quick to make sure everything was in proper working order and everything was or so I thought. I shot 8 arrows and then on my ninth shot , right as I was getting to fulldraw my release exploded. Sounded alot worse than it actually was . I guess the release head shot off and smacked the wall as the arrow stuck wood about 8ft high. I did get a nasty welt on my bowarm but bow appears to be ok . The only damage was to the release and to my ego. The release was a Tru ball rackmaster and I truly love that release so I'll either fix it or buy another. The guy running the shop did not even charge me for the shoot. He said I could come back again and still get my hour. Awesome people at Bows R Us.

·
SuperToon'd
11,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Release has been fixed by yours truly............................:darkbeer:

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
How bout the ego?

·
Registered
81 Posts
First time I tried a back tension release i punched myself in the nose...arrow skipped of the floor and hit an x! No it wasn't the one i was going to aim for.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
The only fix for a bruised ego is time.;)
Doesn't TRU Ball guarantee their releases for life? I got one of mine replaced no questions asked.

·
SuperToon'd
11,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only fix for a bruised ego is time.;)
Doesn't TRU Ball guarantee their releases for life? I got one of mine replaced no questions asked.
I'm not sure but I'll check into it . Thanks. My ego is alright ,as it was not my fault. Just an equipment failure and there was no visible wear. Definitley caught me by surprise...............:darkbeer:

·
Premium Member
17,587 Posts
I've never had a release come apart but I have let go of my Carter Chocolate Addiction once while getting over target panic. It did some damage to my roller guard on my old Apex, drop zone rest and HTM sight housing before landing 50 feet away. I still scored a 5 on that 3D target and within a few targets was back in action and finished the course :D

·
SuperToon'd
11,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just got off the phone with Randy at Tru-Ball as I was trying to find out where I could get the lanyard for my release. Man was I surprised to find out that they are going to send me one for free. Talk about customer service!! Thanks Tru-Ball. ..............:darkbeer:

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
I just got off the phone with Randy at Tru-Ball as I was trying to find out where I could get the lanyard for my release. Man was I surprised to find out that they are going to send me one for free. Talk about customer service!! Thanks Tru-Ball. ..............:darkbeer:
:banana::banana::rockband::wav:

·
SuperToon'd
11,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What exactly was it that broke and caused the issue?
it was the lanyard that connects the release head with the wrist strap. It kind of looks like boot string. That's what I repaired it with but I just don't feel comfortable using it. So I called Tru-ball and they are gonna hook me up.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
i had a minor mix up with

my chappy boss once i was drawing and i guess i got a little too relaxed with my hand and let it slip right out on a 3d course. me and 3 buddys were shooting i felt sooo stupid when i let it slip right out of my hands. it bounced off the string and hit one of my buddys in the chest and broke the tear drop and the nob right off. he was ok but a little sore.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I had a Scott Little Goose break one time at about 3/4 draw.I saw stars for a few seconds and got a bloody lip out of it haha.The bolt that holds the caliper head on just let go :(

·
SuperToon'd
11,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had a Scott Little Goose break one time at about 3/4 draw.I saw stars for a few seconds and got a bloody lip out of it haha.The bolt that holds the caliper head on just let go :(
sure happens fast. 0 damage as far as my other gear just a bruise on forearm.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Off the topic here but have you seen the avatar with the carbon arrow stuck in the guys hand? I can't remember who's it was but I was talking to a fella I guided a few times from Wisconsin yesterday and he told me a story about how his friend Dave from Wisconsin put a carbon arrow in his hand and that's why he only shoots aluminums now. I wonder if that's Daves hand? And now back to our regularly schedualed program.

·
SuperToon'd
11,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Off the topic here but have you seen the avatar with the carbon arrow stuck in the guys hand? I can't remember who's it was but I was talking to a fella I guided a few times from Wisconsin yesterday and he told me a story about how his friend Dave from Wisconsin put a carbon arrow in his hand and that's why he only shoots aluminums now. I wonder if that's Daves hand? And now back to our regularly schedualed program.
ouch.............................:darkbeer:

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Ya ouch! It wasn't with the feild point it was from a damaged arrow that blew up when he shot it. Carbon splinters blasted in your hand @ 300fps kind of makes a guy think twice, or at least inspect your arrows anyway.

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
I went to a local shop yesterday to kill some foam for about an hour. When I got there I paid the guy behind the counter and proceeded to the indoor target range. I picked a lane as there was already a gentleman shooting and hung the target. I checked my gear real quick to make sure everything was in proper working order and everything was or so I thought. I shot 8 arrows and then on my ninth shot , right as I was getting to fulldraw my release exploded. Sounded alot worse than it actually was . I guess the release head shot off and smacked the wall as the arrow stuck wood about 8ft high. I did get a nasty welt on my bowarm but bow appears to be ok . The only damage was to the release and to my ego. The release was a Tru ball rackmaster and I truly love that release so I'll either fix it or buy another. The guy running the shop did not even charge me for the shoot. He said I could come back again and still get my hour. Awesome people at Bows R Us.
Yep, Paul Thompson, the owner and Cody his brother came to Meridian and shot in the State Games last weekend. I think Paul shot about 18 up. Don't remember what Cody shot. I'm VP of Queen City Bowhunters and we put the shoot on for the State Games every year. Paul also shoots at some of our local shoots. Good people.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts