Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have ever lost something that was important to you? Whether it be while scouting, hunting, or just simply walking in the woods. Releases, quivers, knives, etc.

·
One Shot
9,181 Posts
Just this year I lost my favorite jacket and two judo point arrows out of my quiver. I think I don't get them back in there quite right. Really irritating, and impossible to find.

·
Registered
12,884 Posts
Are you trying to find something?

·
Mad Viking
2,046 Posts
I lost a rangefinder once, I put it on top of my Jeep Wrangler and forgot about it, then drove off, never did find it.

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
First year out bowhunting in some REALLY heavy Missouri thickets, I ended up getting my gloves (along with other clothes) torn up pretty good.
Amongst the fighting with the thorns and thickets pushing myself thru then, I got my wedding band stripped from my finger and didn't notice till we got back to the trucks.
Only reason I noticed then was a hunting buddy pointed out how bad my hand was cut up......

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
how about a bushnell range finder. I went out smoke pole hunting and ranged a few yardages, passed a chip shot at a spike, and that was the last time I saw it. sucks too, because I had all the time in the world to use it last season, and I didn't have it...missed three does because of range estimation errors too.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
When I went to worlds I read in the rule books absoluletly no rangefinders,so I put it in the tent and havent seen it since.It wasnt even 3 months old! My hunting buddy gave me his old one that he thought he had stolenand had already replaced and Iam very greatful I just wish I had mine back....

·
Registered
245 Posts
I left a rangefinder on the bedside of my truck one morning and drove off.Haven't seen it since!

·
Registered
37,038 Posts
The only thing I lost that I really miss hunting with was my father a few years ago from cancer. Anyone who has gone through this knows what I mean.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Yup.

Viper69 said:
The only thing I lost that I really miss hunting with was my father a few years ago from cancer. Anyone who has gone through this knows what I mean.

Sorry to hear that. I know how that feels.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I sometimes think I've lost my mind for hunting so much and putting so much effort into it with no results to show for it. Then I see a nice buck or a kill a deer...then I realize why I work so hard at it.:wink:

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have lost keys, knives, and binos. I found the binos about 3 weeks later and full of water i took them apart and cleaned them out good and still works good to this day. Never had a rangefinder but if i do i think ill tie it onto me

·
Registered
970 Posts
Lost a nice gore-tex hat, priming flask for my flintlock, pair of binoculars (turned up later), most of my sanity (that's not really due to hunting; usually it's due to lack of hunting).

·
Registered
933 Posts
I've only lost my release which i later found but i have found other peoples lost items. Twoway radio, thermos, pair of gloves.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I've got one treestand I call "Klepto Stand" because evey time I go hunt that stand I always end up loosing something. One time it was a part of my safety harness, another time it was my Gerber limb saw, and another time it was a flashlight.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Just last year in 1 outing i lost a scent lok fleece beanie & 2 bair of scent blocker gloves. I was walking out of the woods @ dark 1 night & 1 of my zippers on my pack was opened & didnt notice till i got home.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts