Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a thread where several people mentioned having a broadhead and insert come out in a rinehart 18-1 target. Seems like it could be a potential problem if your inserts weren't in really well, and since they are all the same material I would imagine it would be the same with any of them. I am wondering how many people have had a broadhead come out in a rinehart target and how you got it out?

·
Registered
446 Posts
I had it happen once in my rhinoblock xl, It came out in the replaceable core so I just cut it into and removed the broadhead then glued the core back and its as good as new. I will never buy another brand of target, I have been shooting this rhinoblock for 3 years and still haven't shot one side out, I still have all the other sides that are brand new.

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
I have, it was an original VAP outsert and a Montec broadhead. I had to slice the target to get it out

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I have a couple of times. Do what the above has said, cut a slab out and glue it back in. The rineharts will still outlast the layered foam targets.

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Some dummy shot several broad heads into the plastic range bail before he realized he was shooting broad heads! We probed with welding rod until found them then cored out the heads. We filled the holes with 3D patching foam...what a pain! We have chunks of old 3D targets for broad head practice so if your head gets stuck you can push it on through.

·
Anti Fanboy
41,852 Posts
I've had it happen to me a couple of times with a 18/1.

If I ever get another one, it will be the model with a replaceable insert.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man I'm worried now. Got the 18-1 for durability and portability, but I don't wanna have to dig a broadhead out of it since it doesn't have an insert. Might need to reglue my arrow inserts just to be safe.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have also and yes it's a pain to get them out. Coring the target and re-glue is the best method and like mentioned, any RH target will still outlast the others.
It's not the targets fault tho, strictly the shooter or whoever glued the inserts in. I learned my lesson and use better glue now.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I lost one in my target when the first shot spun the target to the right and the second shot hit the first arrow cutting it in half. My first thought was "cut it out" then quickly realized the target was a lot more expensive to replace than the broad head. But then I got the idea to push it through with a rifle cleaning rod. Worked great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts