Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Relocated Cajun
10,974 Posts
just average...I'm 6'0" and shoot 29" on a 35.5" ata bow...I tweak it down some on a 40" ata bow

·
Registered
893 Posts
29 Inch Draw

A lot of people believe if you are shorter you must automaticaly shoot a short draw length .Height has little to do with draw length. mostly How Broad shoulders are and length of Arms determines Draw length. I know several persons about 5'8" that correctly shoots 28 to 29 inch draw. Guess that is why you measure your arms and not your height when being fitted for your bow.

·
11,954 Posts
I am 6'2" so I shoot a 29" draw. I think though most people shoot too long of draw than they should, which may account for how common a 29" draw is, even if it isn't correct.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
You ever notice, when you go in to check out new bows, what draw length do they always have.29", 70lbs. I think alot of people just buy what they have and alot of salesmen tell em its right.Sad, but true.

·
Banned
2,045 Posts
28'', it has nothing to do with height, all about your shoulder width and arm length.

My Dad is 6' 2'' and 31 just fits him.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm above average at 32in. But it took them about 3 months to get the correct module in to change it from a 30in so I shot 30in for about 3 months.

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
Bsktball55 said:
I'm above average at 32in.

Man, I thought mine was big at 30" :D

·
Registered
922 Posts
Draw length

measure your wingspan... subtract 14, then divide that by 2. Man I wish more people would do that. It's a good starting point... Around here a 30 inch draw seems to be the average(if you ask people) :confused: we must have som knuckle draggers...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts