Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decide to get back into compounds after a half dozen years shooting and hunting with sticbows. Well I discover this website and start hearing great things about a particular mom and pop bow manufacturer. So I take a chance and purchase one of their bows and so begins the sickening story.This bow has been back and forth so many times it is getting freqent flyer miles.This particular parallel design bow eats string andf cables like they were candy.(I just got the bow back and the string lasted 1 hr) I hear people saying that I can get 2 years out iof my strings or something like that and I think horse----! Anyway if this is common among compound bows how do you guys get any good? I get everthing tuned and shooting good and then I am back starting all over with the tuning. I like to shoot everyday so am I to understand these bows can't be shot that much? I really like the way this bow shoots but the constant repainring and replacing of parts is totally out of hand. Anyway I am in the process of trying to get a refund on this bow and this is why I will not divulge the manufacturer but if I don't get some results I will be blowing a loud horn! I must say in the defense of the company,they have done alot to try to make this bow right but sometimes I believe a substandard product is produced and that the way it is.:mad:

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
:confused: There must be something wrong with the bow..or the strings they should last for WAY more than an hr..

·
Registered
524 Posts
If you shoot every day, that could be part of the cause. However, even shooting every day, I would think you should get 6mo to a year at least.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts