• nope and never will

Votes: 213 78.3%
  • took a break but came back

Votes: 32 11.8%
  • ??other???? explain!!!!!!!!

Votes: 19 7.0%

Ever??????

1828 Views 63 Replies 53 Participants Last post by  Marty S
EVER gotten sick and tired of all the hard work bowhunting brings? Ever get tired of seeing good bucks thru out the yr;,,,, yr after yr but never getting a shot do to distance or angles or just plain dumb luck? Ever get tired of having to worry about penetration or blood trails? I been hunting with a bow for a while:cool: longer than most people my age, and to be honest I am just kinda burned out:beer: I started bowhunting in 92, got my first buck in 95 and have only used my rifles a couple times since. I am just not really feeling the whole BOWHUNTER spirit anymore. Now my TC is looking good to me and my Hawkins seems to be more enjoyable to shoot than either of my bows.

ever been here????????
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

· JB WELD PRO STAFFER
13,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:darkbeer:

· Registered
3,807 Posts
I burn myself out with worrying about the tune of my bow, making sure my arrow flight is PERFECT, worried about every time I merely "tap" my bow up against something, but I NEVER get burned out with bowhunting. Just no better feeling than being in the Fall deer woods with my bow waiting on whatever God is going to put in front of me that day. I couldn't stop if I WANTED to!!!!!!!!!!! I'm simply addicted. Thank God!

By the way, I've been bowhunting since '86!

· Registered
358 Posts
occasionaly

when i take my two weeks off in nov. 2 hours to and from my hunting spot. by the end of the first week [if it takes that long] i will start to get a little burned out. Just need to take a morning off and get a good long sleep in and then its all better:):thumbs_up

· Registered
2,313 Posts
EVER gotten sick and tired of all the hard work bowhunting brings? Ever get tired of seeing good bucks thru out the yr;,,,, yr after yr but never getting a shot do to distance or angles or just plain dumb luck? Ever get tired of having to worry about penetration or blood trails? I been hunting with a bow for a while:cool: longer than most people my age, and to be honest I am just kinda burned out:beer: I started bowhunting in 92, got my first buck in 95 and have only used my rifles a couple times since. I am just not really feeling the whole BOWHUNTER spirit anymore. Now my TC is looking good to me and my Hawkins seems to be more enjoyable to shoot than either of my bows.

ever been here????????

No sir I cant say I ever have gotten tired of hunting , or anything related the to.
I do get tired of working 50+ hrs a week & trying to keep everyone working.
Iget burned out on that , hell Ive benn burned out on that for 15yrs but I just keep on plugging away.

Take a break make it fun , I dont make hunting a job , its Me time !

· Registered
1,432 Posts
Worry?Stressed out?Worry?Man thats for monday thru friday.Chillout.Learn to relax.When im twenty feet up i dont worry about falling,getting rained on penetration.The only thing i worry about up there is that i wont have to take a crap.You dont have to kill every year.Take a camera with you,take advantage of what God has given us.If your worrying to much take up shuffleboard with the old folks.Enjoy life.

· Registered
27 Posts
I agree it's got to be fun I go to deer camp every year for two weeks. Sometimes I sleep in sometimes it rains and I don't go sometimes it's really cold and I stayed by the fire sometimes we all sit around the fire and just laugh I didn't even get in deer this year and it's not about killing its about your friends and shooting your bow. we even shoot in the dark. We razz each other about bow speed or lack of it we just plain don't care about anything but kickin back. That will never get old

· JB WELD PRO STAFFER
13,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I dont know I am making a hog hunt in 2 weeks and I think I would have more fun with my rifle than my bow!

Still dont know what I plan on taking with me guess we will see:darkbeer:

· Registered
780 Posts
yep, i am in the doldrums myself.

this was the first year that i went without a deer. if i had taken my rifle, i would have bagged two. the frustrating day was when i drew back on a shooter buck awaiting him to clear the final tree for a shot at his vitals. 2 dogs ran into the field, scared him off, and proceeded to "love" each other. i'm ashamed to say it, but the thought of letting an arrow fly sure did cross my mind at that point.

there's always next year, so i'm practicing away and not going to worry about it

· Registered
25,353 Posts
i just get sick of not getting a deer with a bow. where i hunt i cant shoot doe and thats all i see. than when i see a huge buck its way out of range.

other wise i love it and wont give it up.

· Archer
8,693 Posts
I went about ten years where I barely bowhunted. I spent all my time waterfowling because it was more fun and honestly didn't know if I would ever get back into bowhunting. But a friend of mine kinda convinced me to get back into it so I bought a new bow and started shooting more and for the past three years I've bowhunted quite a bit. But I still like my guns just as well as my bow.

· Registered
714 Posts

ever been here????????
thats called PURE LAZYNESS!!!...i gota buddy who thinks just like this,and he never has any success in the field,or in life much itself,,,when your too lazy to do something you enjoy,,just imagine how lazy people like this are in things that got to be done,,like doing a good job at work,or being a good driver,or even being a good dad!!!
i feel bad for people who think like this,and i see it more and more every day!!!,,,pure lazyness,,would rather lay around then put effort into anything,even something they enjoy!!

· Registered
714 Posts
i just get sick of not getting a deer with a bow. where i hunt i cant shoot doe and thats all i see. than when i see a huge buck its way out of range.

other wise i love it and wont give it up.
now i have been here too,and dont give up,,,i know it sux not getting that big buck,but believe me,theres one out there with your name on it!!
and remember a bad day of hunting is always better then a good day at work!!

· Registered
10,765 Posts
I think if someone dose something enough that they can experiance some degree of burn out. This dose not exclude hunting or archery .

I have suffered some burn out from time to time .So I just set aside what ever it is or stop doing that thing I am burned on for however long it takes for me to want to do it agin.

For example I was simply tired of shooting my bow almost every day last late spring through mid late summer so I simply set it down and did some other things that held my intrest that didn't feel was becomeing work .

Its natural so don't feel alone .And it is simple psychology that those who keep doing something out of habbit that they do not have to do will be the ones who will most likely quit that thing all together.Lets not forget that this hunting shooting stuff is just a hobby and therefore should remain fun and interesting at all time -----> recreation!:thumbs_up

· Registered
6,815 Posts
there are always highs and lows in everything you do in life, so there are certain things that are apart of being a bowhunter, but i would never give it up, no way-no how!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.