Archery Talk Forum banner

Evo x center punch

678 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  jacobh
Hey guys so I’m currently shooting firenock arrows 22” and my sons shooting 20” firenock arrows. Needless to say they’re expensive!!! Custom arrows and they fly hood. I was thinking more about the factory evo x arrows where me and my son can shoot the same 20” arrows this way I don’t have to buy $800 worth of arrows. Anyone shoot the new evo x with alpha blaze nocks? Are they accurate? Thanks
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
Tenpoint Vapor
12 Posts
Grass Asphalt Art Toy Recreation

Three red vaned are with the Evo x broad head. Two yellow are some new ones with field points I was just trying out. Shots were made at 40 yards. I think they can shoot as well as I can.

· Registered
1,905 Posts
Factory EVO-X arrows shoot pretty darn good. I have two test arrows setup with the new Blaze nock and their POI didn't change.

I do like these shafts but for the xbow I shoot I wanted a slightly shorter shaft, a higher FOC with shorter vanes and illuminated 1/2 moon nocks.

I shopped around, posted a WTB in the classifieds and bought 2 dozen of the EVO-X arrows. Some with vane or nock issues, some just spares and a few new and unused. All of them were in nice shape. I stripped them down, grouped them by weight, had them indexed and rebuilt to my specs. They fly great, are stiff and I like their heavier weight tipping the scale at 490 gn with a 125 gn tip/broadhead.

Musical instrument Office supplies Garden tool Wood Natural material

· Registered
I don’t hunt for the sport I hunt for the meat
27,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys I think I’m gonna stick with the firenock customs as they’re not much more expensive then the evo x it seems

1 - 4 of 4 Posts