Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
IMO the difference in ATA length of those 2 bows is negligible in a hunting situation. I hunt with a 35 from the ground and in a stand and haven't been in a situation where I wish I had a shorter bow even hunting out of a ladder stand with side rails.
As far as shooting in general...that's where the difference is for me. I prefer a little longer ATA and the 35 is perfect...it holds great and is long enough so its doesn't flop side to side like the short ones do. But of course this is just personal preference.
So I would make the choice based on what feels better to shoot...and don't feel like the longer bow will leave you strapped in a hunting situation. Remember we hunted with 40"+ bows for years and years.

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
I’m a mess is more kinda guy

Less inches is less weight and it all counts

You can balance the shorter bows once all the gear is on with stabilizers which you are going to run anyways long or short bow

I won’t say a 35 isn’t huntable I think it could easily be done, but maneuvering my 31 through the woods and carrying less weight is easier

I went from hunting with a Supra ext to evolve 31 and was torn with the same E31 or E35 or expedite (33) and ended up loving my 31 and have no regrets

·
Registered
609 Posts
Try the xpedite out. It splits the difference at 33 ata. I've owned the evolve 31 and xpedite. The xpedite continues impressing me.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I had these thoughts. I got caught sitting flat on my ass when a solid 4x4 mule deer steps out. Picked up my decree n let one rip. I shot over but still was easily able to get a shot off. Ok so I’m trying new bows out at the shop n I think hmm can I shoot a 35” bow from the ground. Shop owner looked at me sideways when I plopped my ass on the floor n started shooting. I’m 5-10” tall so...

·
Registered
399 Posts
You can't go wrong with any of new PSE take a look at react as well all great bows I'm 6'4 so I get longest ata possible

·
Registered
9,771 Posts
What is your draw length? If it's short, get the 31", if it's long, get the 35" most of the reviews favor the 35 when shot heads up, which is understandable. If I was going to be shooting long shots an/or using it for 3D too, I would lean towards a 35"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts