Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been a PSE fan for years. Admittedly it's been mostly because I don't care for what I consider the "Darth Vader" lines of their bows. Not the best reason to avoid a bow, but hey, that's the way I'm wired. However, a good friend (who is 1.5 hours away) has been raving about his PSE with Evolve cams. A lot of AT chatter about how nice they are too. So....

Can someone who has shot both a PSE with Evolve cams and the Elite Energy 35 at the same poundage and draw length, tell me how much difference they feel and what is different. I think the E-35 has one of the smoothest draws I've ever felt.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I haven't shot the Elsie but the PSE is an amazing bow.. I mean best bow I've ever shot and I'm a fan boy of Hoyt, I almost walked out of the bow shop with a evolve yesterday. Only reason I didn't was because it was aluminum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,537 Posts
Ok here goes my draw comparison"perception". I have shot almost all the Elite bows since 2007. I just bought the xpedite so that is my bow of comparison. The Evolve cams are smooth all the way back to the wall. No hump no drop into the valley to speak of at all. The E-35 will not be as smooth as the evolve cam. The easiest way for me to describe an evolve cam is think of the old two round wheel bows. Just never seems to be any hump in the draw cycle at all. And when you compare speeds of the two it will be a big increase on the evolve bows. I shot an E32 for one season and was not really impressed at all. For guys that are on the fence like me about PSE just find one to shoot. If it is 70 lbs don't hesitate they are that easy to draw. And the actual speeds they are producing is mind boggling after shooting the smooth cam Elite bows. I have never owned a PSE in my life til now. Been a die hard Hoyt,Elite fan and had a few Bowtechs. The draw cycle is just crazy for what it produces. Add in a few other things like mods,draw length adjustment without a press,let off adjustment within each mod with no press and the ability to buy high let off mods or target mods for each bow makes it the best cam system out right now to me.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have an Elite Impulse 31 - and they Evolve 31 feels like a kids now it is so smooth... set at same specs

·
Registered
13,855 Posts
The E-35 is arguably one of the nest of not the best shooting easiest tuning bows elite made. That said, with the Evolve cam system , Elite don't come close to matching he speeds along with the Binary cam smoothness and let off that the ECS has to offer . Draw length adjustments in just seconds on the PSE along with the adjustable cable/roller glide are pretty cool options also...

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
13,356 Posts
Evolve cams will be smoother with faster speeds. PSE frankly has Elite beat on the "shootability" and peformance front.

·
Registered
10,537 Posts
Evolve cams will be smoother with faster speeds. PSE frankly has Elite beat on the "shootability" and peformance front.
Not just Elite, Every cam system out there at this point is competing for second place after the Evolve cams.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
I have owned both of these bows and as others have said the Evolve cam is smoother and faster. The one thing I will add to this is for me the Evolve 35 was very finicky/torqued easily. I shot it for most of the 3-D season last year and struggled with torquing the Evolve under pressure ie; a 3-D shoot, I bought another V-37 and no more problem with torquing the bow. I shot the Evolve at the London ASA Team event, I shot so bad I was embarrassed. I had purchased a V-37 10 days before the London shoot so I had not shot it very much, but after the Team event I put the Evolve back in the case and shot the Pink V-37. I finished 6 th in Super Senior and 4 th in the 40 yd known shoot. Was it me or the bow, I don't know but I do know what I can shoot well under pressure with.

·
Registered
9,998 Posts
I have owned several E35's and a couple Evolves thus far, to me the Evolve system is superior to anything Elite has offered to date.
The Evolve cam is effortless, and also a much faster cam system.

The 2018 Elite Ritual is being hyped as Elites best and most efficient cam yet, hopefully they will be at dealers here shortly.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Ive been a huge elite fan since the e35 was released and after that the victory with that said at the time i shot an evolve 35 i had 2 victory 39s and a v37. I sold one v39 bought an evolve 35 and haven’t looked back in fact i was so impressed I immediately ordered a shootdown which just maybe the best bow I’ve shot. In my opinion pse beat elite in every category.

·
'13 KTM 450 SX FE
2,263 Posts
I have owned both of these bows and as others have said the Evolve cam is smoother and faster. The one thing I will add to this is for me the Evolve 35 was very finicky/torqued easily. I shot it for most of the 3-D season last year and struggled with torquing the Evolve under pressure ie; a 3-D shoot, I bought another V-37 and no more problem with torquing the bow. I shot the Evolve at the London ASA Team event, I shot so bad I was embarrassed. I had purchased a V-37 10 days before the London shoot so I had not shot it very much, but after the Team event I put the Evolve back in the case and shot the Pink V-37. I finished 6 th in Super Senior and 4 th in the 40 yd known shoot. Was it me or the bow, I don't know but I do know what I can shoot well under pressure with.
This is the same issue I had but having said that I like more holding weight. After I put on the low let off mods it fit my personal preference better. Now it's a tack driver and the draw is super smooth I unfortunately have not shot an Elite since I had my Pulse.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Evolve cams are my favor ever. I know the Victory is a tad different than the 35, but the Evolve cams are so much better in all facets IMO.

I’m anxiously waiting to order a Perform X 3D solely because of the Evolve cams - being LH sucks!

·
<------Reese
Reckoning, GEN7X, Fast Eddie XL, Easton 6.5 Matrix, DCA IconX 625
14,888 Posts
I think the better question is which cam do you shoot better scores with?

·
Inventor/R&D Director
205 Posts
The evolve cam is the exact cam as the elite cam , only the feed-out track is coiled , feed-out cable goes from a two track to a three track.

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
The Elites are more efficient with heavier arrows so the speed difference might not be very noticeable with a hunting weight arrow. I have not owned the energy for awhile. I have a Evolve 31 now with 75% mods, nice bow so far. I personally was more consistent and accurate with my previous elite models, but the PSE still shoots great.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The Elites are more efficient with heavier arrows so the speed difference might not be very noticeable with a hunting weight arrow. I have not owned the energy for awhile. I have a Evolve 31 now with 75% mods, nice bow so far. I personally was more consistent and accurate with my previous elite models, but the PSE still shoots great.
Dumb question: how do you know they’re more efficient? Is there a quick dirty test?

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
Dumb question: how do you know they’re more efficient? Is there a quick dirty test?

For example my impulse 34 at 53lbs 28 DL and 410 grain arrow shot 260(340ibo) my Evolve 31 with faster 75% mods 58lb 28DL 394 grain arrow 278(344ibo) took faster mods to stay in the range.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts