Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sent my pride off to Idaho last Thursday. She is an 012 Matrix RKT @ 28 " 340 grain arrow at 64 lbs getting a respective 286 to 288 FPS. Spojke with Tom about color combos and such. Just opened the box earlier this morning! Couldnt have been more surprised! She now has a new set of Coral Snake colored strings made of 452x! Same bow same dl and all is now pushing an average of 322 fps!!!! Screaming. Thanks Tom. She is now the freak bow as was described by a friend. She has less speed nocks, quality threads, and looks that KILL. Pictures to follow in a few minutes.
Guys if you dont already know his customer service is second to NONE! He noticed a slight cosmetic flaw before shipping and built another string before shipping! A 325 IBO bow left and came home a 340 ish IBO bow.

·
Registered
14,338 Posts
Tom is the man, we are lucky to have him. Looks fantastic!!!

·
No guns, Just guts.
4,007 Posts
How much did it cost you to ship the bow and have the whole process done, if I may ask? I am looking to up the performance on my bow.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It cost about 50 bucks with insured shipping. The threads and tune were like 110-120. Well worth it to me. Price depends on your color selection and speed nocks. Best thing is to contact Tom and discuss pricing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Speed numbers verified on this end also!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yup! Strings have some effect but the tune has as much to do with it in my opinion.
And for those who think it has preload, your wrong, if you think that put it here in open forum don't pm it to me.Thanks.

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
Sweet string color!!

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm not a speed freak but the increase was a pleasant surprise. She will be used for hunting long before another ASA, so the increase will help with my hunting shafts.

·
UnBannable
8,195 Posts
Honestly, I never cared for pink strings (at least they appear pink in the pics), but I'd rather have Tom's pink strings on my bows than stock strings in my choice of colors.

I've had Tom's strings on 3 different bows and all sets were above expectations. I haven't sent him any of my bows yet, but threads like this make me want to. Hopefully this summer. That performance improvement you got on your matrix is impressive.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts