Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Bear Assault just had the strings replaced at the shop, had asked them to check the ATA to make all was good and even and right, oh also i shot it like 10ish times at the shop and thats all so far, anyways my axle to axle measurement is coming up short a 1/8" its supposed to be 30 3/4 but its a even 1/8" short on both sides of axle is this something even worth worrying about or when the strings settle will i get my Correct ATA?? Please help feeling kinda dumb

·
Registered
VXR 31.5 TRX 40 Hamskea Axcel Bee stinger Doinker
2,927 Posts
There is a possibility te string will settle in give it a couple hundred shots or so, ot the other problem is that there may be too many twists in the string. first shoot it a lot. then measure, I have heard that there should be any where from 1.5-2.5 twists per inch on the string, so 1/8 inch isnt that much. It may settle in. Make sure the timiung is correct also, that could be an indicator if the string is twisted too much. good luck

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Axle to axle and brace heights are approximate. Axle to axle is probably the least important measurement on the bow, as long as it is not way off. If everything else on the bow is right, then a 1/8" is nothing to worry about.

·
Back Yard Champion
31,234 Posts
Axle to axle and brace heights are approximate. Axle to axle is probably the least important measurement on the bow, as long as it is not way off. If everything else on the bow is right, then a 1/8" is nothing to worry about.
I would agree here. I'd be more concerned of the bow making listed maximum draw weight.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys I will give it some shoot in time and see where its at after about 75-100 shots, thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts