Archery Talk Forum banner

excaliber equinox

1219 Views 10 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  CrossbowCountry
excaliber equinox is on the way. Any one out there own one and what do you think. New to crossbows. Thanks :thumbs_up
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Incureable tinkerer
4,263 Posts
It's a lot of bow that's for sure. Capable of taking any game species that walks the earth. But, takes some effort to cock.

· Registered
354 Posts
You will soon find out you have the best hunting crossbow made bar none but you will need to make you a string serving jig they are hard on servings. I would get the hand crank for it and you can shoot allday just do not shoot the target in the same spot twice because the arrow will go right out the back of the target I shoot a morrel bag and you need to give it a good stomping about every 10 or 15 shots to avoid problems. I shoot 2219's and 125 grain spitfires and they are very effective

· Registered
40 Posts
I had an equinox. I loved it. I never thought anyone could pry it from my hands. That is until I came accross a excalibur Y25. You will love the equinox and despite what some may say, I did not find it hard to cock. Just use the cocking aid and all will be well.

· Banned
24,198 Posts
I can't say any crossbow is the best

with a straight face :) but Excal makes tough fool proof crossbows that are as accurate as any for hunting distance shots. I will not part with my Vortex. Once you get past the width, it's a keeper for sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.