Archery Talk Forum banner

Excalibur CrossBows are great (bear video)

921 4
These cross bows are super easy to shoot. My wife doesn't have much time to hunt as she's busy with our 5 kids among other life activities. Check out her bear hunt!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
10,183 Posts
I looked at Excalibur crossbows for some years but there are too many reports of cracked limbs on the shorter limb models and they are very loud.
For the last 6-7 years I would go to CrossbowNation and read threads, ask questions but just never pulled the trigger on buying one. I really like the simplicity and am fascinated with them and hope one day to have one. I’m not really a crossbow hunter but use them when my old body is not able to hunt with my compound or recurve.

· Registered
27 Posts
I looked at Excalibur crossbows for some years but there are too many reports of cracked limbs on the shorter limb models and they are very loud.
For the last 6-7 years I would go to CrossbowNation and read threads, ask questions but just never pulled the trigger on buying one. I really like the simplicity and am fascinated with them and hope one day to have one. I’m not really a crossbow hunter but use them when my old body is not able to hunt with my compound or recurve.
Most of the limb issues are resolved in the newer bows. Also, get a variable power scope so that you can throw in a much heavier bolt! My current weight is 400 grains, next season I'll be going to 600 total

1 - 5 of 5 Posts