Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought the vortex. shoots fast enough seems like sound and target happen at same time. just wondering if anybody put this S5 on and is it worth the extra $

·
Registered
603 Posts
I put it on my Equinox and feel it was money well spent. I wont say it's anything like 50% quieter now but it is a noticable difference. I'd buy it again.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The S5 did take the TWANG out of my Exocet, now i just hear a thud. Its worth the money in my opinion.

·
Incureable tinkerer
4,257 Posts
It's primary purpose is not noise suppression, rather to protect the bow in case of dryfire. But if you think that makes it quieter, well.....

·
Registered
865 Posts
I think it does more for the vibes on the shot than it does noise. If you want to quiet it down use limbsavers on the limbs. They made a big difference on my exomax.

·
Incureable tinkerer
4,257 Posts
Libsavers slow down arrow speed by as much as 20 fps if placed out on ends. Deer will still hear it.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I have the first system available on my Vortex before Excal caught up. They do help on noice, vibration and will save your bow in case you dryfire it. Don't ask how I know, I just know. Wouldn't have an Excal w/o them.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Got it on my vortex...worth the $ IMHO!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Captain,

Jumped in a little late but I just put one on my Vortex and there is a difference. It aint quiet by any means, but has helped with harmonics much, sound, not so much. Still a smart purchase. (IMHO)

Dutch

1 - 12 of 12 Posts