Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought the vortex . seems like noise and hitting target happens at the same time!is the S5 worth the extra $

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Takes more vibration out than noise

·
Registered
990 Posts
I don't think the suppressors did much when I installed them. I think they might help with a dry fire........but don't know???? Seems to wear the string. I will reserve and make the serving wider to go past the rubber. The present 4 inch serving is inside the suppressors.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I figure the S-5 has kept my limbs safe with 7 stupid dryfires to my name.:cool:
Hank

·
Registered
21,689 Posts
My buddy has a Phoenix dead stock. I have a Ibex with a 40 strand 452x string and STS i also filled the rail voids with foam rubber.And placed felt between the rail and stock.
Its like there two different animals. His is louder way more vibration and slower.
I also have a Relayer Y25 200# Excalibur with wood stock. I also filled the rail with foam rubber and added a S5.And the same string as above.
This bow to my ears is quieter and no hand shock. Plus 25fps faster than my my Ibex. Shooting the same arrow.
Your not going to tame the noise. But you can make the sound just a short burst VS a longer vibrating type noise (stock bow).
And you can reduce the hand shock to the point you can hold the cross hairs on target through the shot.
Is the S5 a magic pill to fix every thing no.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts