Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if this works and how does it screw into the end of your bolt/arrow? I'm finding it hard to pull my xbow arrows out and this looks like a great tool.

·
Registered
623 Posts
It screws into the back of the flat nock on the Firebolt arrows. I have not used one, so I can't comment on it's use.

·
Incureable tinkerer
4,257 Posts
This works much better, quicker, won't pull out nock. I made this one but they are available from Danny Miller of the Excal warranty center. l 2009_05_17_14_07_59.jpg

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This tool looks like a great idea only if it would work on any bolt. Do the Firebolt flat nock inserts fit other bolts?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have the escal tool, works nice. Wipe your arrows with some jig-a-loo (I mean a little) and they pull out of your target slicker than snot! I can see where a deep embedded arrow would be tough to pull out, even at the cost of a nock. Cossack2's tool looks sweet also. Can you say Fab-shop??

·
Registered
40 Posts
The t handle works well, but you might have to re-glue the knocks before you are able to use it. I used gorilla glue on mine and they no longer pull out.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Cossack2 do u have a link to the pliers?

·
Incureable tinkerer
4,257 Posts
Danny doesn't do computers but can be reached at Horizontal Archery, 746-483-2312 or 2030. Great guy and a whiz with crossbows, makes some great arrows too.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
The pliars will work if your fletch isn`t inside the target. Then only the Excal tool will get the arrow out. I haven`t had a nock pull out yet using the Excal tool. Not saying it won`t happen.

·
Registered
21,691 Posts
Here is what i came up with. I build my own arrows, i never had a nock pull out. Fits in your pocket pretty good too.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Just get a rag bag target and use two fingers as a puller. Just a hint....make sure your target heads are smaller than you arrow shaft diameter.....if larger it acts as a barb......making the arrow harder to remove.

·
Incureable tinkerer
4,257 Posts
Actually the pliers work if you can see the back of the arrow IN the target, Just grab the back of the arrow with them. If you cant see it, not just push it back a bit or, at worse, pull it out the back. Have used both.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts