Archery Talk Forum banner

excentric 6 cable slidr conversion with pics

1400 Views 16 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  batsonbe
Got the cable slide conversion finished, results are very good. Bow tunes like a charm and the draw cycle to seems smoother. There is a spacer under the slide to stop it's forward travel
and on top of the slide you can see an o ring, I was using it to measure how much rearward slide travel I had which is about 1/2". If anyone is interested in making one these pics might
help, otherwise you are on your own. The only help I can give is on the dimensions I used;

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Lift, Run, Shoot
15,082 Posts
If you could make a bent bar or, better yet, a flex rod (like PSE) along with the PSE rollers it would be perfect.

· Registered
1,937 Posts
Interesting to see how this turns out. I know some out there dislike the ATR. I was leary of it from the early stories of cable destruction. I've had no issues with mine on my Xcentric though.

· Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Predator I don't think a bent bar would gain anything, the cable slide only moves about 1/2" with my set up, remove the spacer I have on there and you only gain another 1/2". To use a flex bar like pse,
would require a different mounting set than mine.

Belicoso I haven't chronoed it yet, as far as moving the site pins I also chgd the rest so no checking on that. When I get threw chasing elk and deer in a week or 2 I'm going to do a complete chrono
check with the atr and cable slide with same arrow and nothing else chgd

· Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Been getting a few pm's about dimensions so here goes. The mounting plate is 1/2" thick, you can use 2 1/4" pieces together to get the thickness, just would be ezyer with a 1/2" one. I cut the
corners off to allow for more room for different arrow rests.

For the cable rod, 1 of 2 choices, use a set screw, 8x32 as I did or epoxy it in. With the slide moving in my set up only 1/2" there's very little rearward pressure. The factory cable slide will give you
about 1/4" vane clearance with blazers. The spacer I used on the rod is 3/8" plastic airline tubing I prefer the stop as it acts like the atr stopping the forward movement of the cables. Make it 1" and
it will put your cables approx. 1/2" closer to the riser than the atr If you can find a carbon rod I would use it but so far I haven't found one.

When you cut your mounting block allow a little more on the outside so you can file it smooth and round the corners.

Will leave this one final comment, I didn't make this cable guard as a replacement for the atr, just an option if you don't like the atr. No way am I going to claim any speed gains better draw cycle etc.
as stated just a atr option.

Attachments

· Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Forgot one item, the mounting screws, can't use the atr ones so you will need 2 of them approx. 13/16" long. You can use allen head cap screws or as I did button headed ones. Either way
PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE OVERALL LENGTH, you want them as close as poss. to the bottom of the threaded hole for as much thread contact but not bottoming out.

If anyone tries this conversion good luck, it's a fairly simple conversion and I really like mine.

· Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A little update here, seeing as it will be awhile before I get my pse roller slide, I did a little chrono testing today with the pse red one vs the atr.

ATR Cable slide
396gr arrow 302fps 396gr 301fps
415gr 295fps 415gr 294fps
423gr 293fps 423gr 293fps

Think I can live with that. Also love the very small drop off in speeds in speeds as the arrow wt. goes up.Don't know when I will get the pse roller slide, got one ordered but from what I've herd shops
are ordering them like crazy. My local shop where I ordered mine said they were ordering up 50 of them as the demand for them was heavy. One other note switching from the atr to the cable slide
has no effect on tuning they both shoot bullet holes with no changing anything.

· Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thought it might be time to do a little up date on cable wear with my cable slide conversion. Still haven't got my pse roller slide so all my shooting has been done with the pse red one.
I've put approx. 200 plus arrows through it and really nothing to report, I won't put up pics as all you will see is a set of normal cables you would see on any bow, they show zero wear. Really nothing else
to say about the conversion. All I'm doing is daily shooting to keep ready for the December archery hunt here in Nth. Id.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.