Archery Talk Forum banner

Exomax Rail Shortening

1027 5
Greetings.
After speaking with Danny Miller(a very nice and helpful gent) he steered me towards the Exo series bows for a first bow. He said they were bullet proof, easy to tune and a good one could be found without a big cash outlay.

I found a like new Exomax package for a very reasonable price. But, the 16.5" power stroke it's really more bow than i need. So I will probably cut it down.

While I am waiting for it to arrive I am making preliminary plans to do the mod.

If someone has their Exomax handy could you please measure back form the front of the rail beam and provide the hole location for the riser mounting bolt holes, front sling stud, and the two quiver bracket mount holes?

A ruler or tape measure will be fine as I just need a general idea where the holes are located.

Also the holes for the sling stud and quiver mount are they threaded directly into the beam or did Excal install threaded inserts?

And did Excal use anti-crush spacers inside the beam for the two riser mount bolts?

I have looked all over trying to find drawings or good photos but most of the post that had photos attached are old enough that the photos are no longer available.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
737 Posts
Greetings.
After speaking with Danny Miller(a very nice and helpful gent) he steered me towards the Exo series bows for a first bow. He said they were bullet proof, easy to tune and a good one could be found without a big cash outlay.

I found a like new Exomax package for a very reasonable price. But, the 16.5" power stroke it's really more bow than i need. So I will probably cut it down.

While I am waiting for it to arrive I am making preliminary plans to do the mod.

If someone has their Exomax handy could you please measure back form the front of the rail beam and provide the hole location for the riser mounting bolt holes, front sling stud, and the two quiver bracket mount holes?

A ruler or tape measure will be fine as I just need a general idea where the holes are located.

Also the holes for the sling stud and quiver mount are they threaded directly into the beam or did Excal install threaded inserts?

And did Excal use anti-crush spacers inside the beam for the two riser mount bolts?

I have looked all over trying to find drawings or good photos but most of the post that had photos attached are old enough that the photos are no longer available.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks
I did a rail for a bow I built for a grandson years ago .cant remember what rail now but milled back and removed front hole

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.