Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys looking to book an exotic hunt for 2011. where have you hunted them at and who would you recommend. Looking for someplace in TX.

were you successful?
would you go back?
what were the good aspects of the hunt?
what were the bads?
where did you stay?
how much was it?

I have been to 1 place in TX before and just want to check all options before booking..

·
Registered
344 Posts
Give Bryan at Bug Scuffle Ranch a call. Bryan and Debbie are wonderful people. This is not a no kill no pay place, you pay a day fee and have a quota on what you can kill per the day fee. This ranch is 2500 acres of canyon in the hill country. HUGE herd of axis, blackbuck, some red deer, rams, goats, some fallow deer, pig hunting is good when weather is cooler. This is a HUNT, not go to a pen and shoot. They have a bunk house on the property, not 5 star but nice and more than suitable. Success is determined by your hunting ability and luck. Listen to Bryan and ask questions and you will have a good chance at your target animal. Our last trip we took 5 animals for 8 hunters hunting 4 days. The trip before we took 11 animals for 7 guys. The only "bad" for me is that it is a 24 hour drive for us to get there, or we would go at least once a year.
www.bugscuffle.com

·
Registered
12,800 Posts
lots of people from AT have been to the ranch and have had great reviews...

PM myself or Jedk (also an AT sponsor) for details:

www.lagunavistaranch.com

only the best in south texas whitetail and exotic hunting. :thumb:

·
Registered
625 Posts
Keith Johns Outdoors

I get one trip a year and I keep going back to Keith's.
Great prices lots of game strictly bowhunting Check out the website www.keithjohnsoutdoors.com
You can also check out www.texasbowhunter.com for more places but you a place with a better reputation than Keith's.
This will be my 4th trip in July for Axis Deer the place is also full of hogs.
Mike

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
There's a "ranch" in MI that a member or two here have hunted that would be a sure bet. They will even let you examine the stock before you kill 'em. I can't remember the name of that place though, I'll try to find out.

They sure look like a challenge, don't they ?!? :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts