Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would forward a few things that I found while looking over my Rocket broadheads today. One thing that I found is that a few of the tips were loose and could fall off if turned much further. I also found that a few of the small screws that hold the blades in were loose. I fixed both problems with some lock-tite. also, I found one blade had probably been put into a bind and was stuck in the head. I doubt it would have opened on impact. It pays to look these little things over before the season starts. I had been carrying some of these broadheads hunting for several years. I'm glad I deceided to look them over good before going out this year. Just thought I would pass on the info. If you shoot these type of broadheads you might want to check them out.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
One other thing I do to tune up my rockets is to sharpen the pathfinder point. Out of the box they are pointy, but the edges are not really sharp. I take a piece of 600 grit wet/dry sandpaper and wrap it around a fat magic marker. This is nearly identical to the radius of the cutter used to manufacture the head. A few strokes on each of the 3 sides and the darn thing will easily draw blood. This has got to help penetration.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts