Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if any of you have had any broadhead failures in cold weather (below freezing). I have been shooting the rage 2-blade with no issues so far but it's been fairly mild when I've let arrows fly. With the weather turning cooler up here in MN, I don't want to have any issues when I get the chance at a shooter. Thank you.

·
Vendor
27,624 Posts
I'm not going to say that they can't. As soon as you do someone will be blaming their 40 degree below wound on their broad head. I have been using Grim Reapers in Kentucky and Ohio into January for over 10 years without a failure.

·
Corripe Cervisiam
26,000 Posts
Excuse me for throwing cold water on your thread......[and the bad pun]

But I just don't understand why someone would even want to chance it with what could be the shot of a lifetime using a Mech BH like that?

·
Registered
951 Posts
Only way I could see it having any affect would be if you sat in the stand for hours during a freezing rain making a solid frozen mass out of the whole thing. Of course if you did that you would also have problems drawing your frozen bow back to shoot. And getting out of your now ice covered tree. Well, that part could actually happen quickly.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
No problems in many years of hunting Dec. and Jan. with rocket broadheads.

·
Real helos, have 2 rotors
10,247 Posts
It's a non-issue.

If you leave wet broadheads in wet foam quiver, long enough that the blades rust shut, then you might have a problem.
But, you won't have a problem with ice preventing the blades from opening.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.