Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
4,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for a good 85 grain expanable to turkeys. the reason i say expandable is because i wanta big hole , i dont wanna chase birds bloodtrail or anything i wanna watch em drop.

· Registered
6,628 Posts
I'm not 100% sure, and don't quote me on this by any means, but I don't think there are a lot of large cutting 85 grain mechanicals out there. If I were you I would bump up to a 100 grain head and at that point your options are endless...... Rage 2 Blade, Rocket Hammerhead, Grim Reaper, Grim Reaper Xtra Cut, WASP Jak Hammers, Rocket Sidewinder, NAP Spitfire, NAP Gobbler Getter............. the list literally goes on and on. You'll get the massive hole you are looking for and only lose about 3 fps in the process.

· Registered
1,664 Posts
I agree, just go to a 100 grn. It's such a small difference in weight that I bet you won't even have to move your sight pin for 20 and under.

· On a backstrap mission!
2,042 Posts
ive killed two with the rage two blade and the results were amazing both birds dropped in their tracks
i would definately recommend these broadheads for turkeys

· Registered
8,159 Posts
1st choice - Fixed Gobbler Guillotine 4" x 4" fixed blade designed for head/neck shots only

2nd choice - Expandable Rocket Turkey Tom-o-hawk 125 grain 2 3/4" cut 3 blade

Good luck no matter what you decide to put on the front of your arrow. :thumb:

· Registered
2,847 Posts
I think the Rocket Mini Blaster 75 gr. has a 1 3/4" cut. You could put a 10 grain washer in there to get to 85 grains.

But the only DRT broadhead you are going to find is a Gilloutine or a Magnus Bullhead. Even a 2" expandable is not a sure thing on body shot.

· DefiantShooter
11,047 Posts
1st choice - Fixed Gobbler Guillotine 4" x 4" fixed blade designed for head/neck shots only

2nd choice - Expandable Rocket Turkey Tom-o-hawk 125 grain 2 3/4" cut 3 blade

Good luck no matter what you decide to put on the front of your arrow. :thumb:
Bingo! :nod:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.