Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. Very simple question. For a general all propose arrow, right now I shoot expedition hunters out of my Elite E35. I busted a few knocks tonight and am beginning to run low on arrows so I am looking to buy more. I love the gold tip Hunter line and want to stay with that, but my question is, are most average or slightly above average archers good enough to justify benefitting from an XT or PRO model over the Expedition model? I have no problem spending the money if it is worth it, but I'm usually the guy who says that the equipment is much more accurate than I ever could be. Does it hold true for the expedition hunters?

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
6,321 Posts
The Expedition Hunters are very good arrows. I still have some and use them. They are hard to beat. That said I have seen a little more accuracy when I started shooting the XT's. Either way you go quit shooting at the same spot and you'll save the most money.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is one vote for a noticeable increase in accuracy. Anyone else?

·
Registered
51,095 Posts
The only difference between the Expedition Hunters and the XT is .003 straightness tolerance. The "average" shooter will see no difference. That difference in straightness of any of the three arrows you mentioned will not improve your accuracy. Only you can do that.
Now with that said I will always by the better grade arrow.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only difference between the Expedition Hunters and the XT is .003 straightness tolerance. The "average" shooter will see no difference. That difference in straightness of any of the three arrows you mentioned will not improve your accuracy. Only you can do that.
Now with that said I will always by the better grade arrow.

Thank you for the reply. That is exactly what I was thinking. I feel like for 99% of the world they will shoot the expedition Hunter the same they shoot the pro Hunter. Me being one of those people. No sense in wasting an extra 100 bucks in the pro line my opinion.

Thanks again

·
Banned
9 Posts
I hunt and casually shoot my hunting bow with Expedition 7595's. I cut mine 28.5 " taking a inch or so off each ends of the shaft. I aint buying the straightness rating from arrow manufacturers.
put your $$ in better sights and releases.

·
The Impartial Archer
18,759 Posts
Stop aiming at the same spot....it's much cheaper than buying new arrows all the time.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I agree with the above threads. Most shooters will not be able to tell the difference. However if you think you will shoot better with the straighter arrows you probably will. It's part of the mental aspect that goes with any sport. I have shot the Pro-Hunters myself and feel I did shoot a little better. The most noticeable difference I have noticed is the ease of tuning when I switch to broadheads. I do believe that my broadheads flew better on the straighter arrows. Then again, maybe it was a mental thing.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
I buy the Black Out arrows from BassPro. Goldtip makes the arrows. The X5 are the same as the Expedition. The X3 are the same as the Xt hunters and the X1 are Pro Hunters. I buy the X1 for less than the price of the XT hunters.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Answered your own question. " busted a few nocks tonight". What are looking to do? Robin Hood a few? Seriously though, I have both now. I shoot them in the same group. You would never notice if you were watching me. They hit the same spots. Neither is particularly closer to bulls eye than the other.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts