Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am only 16 and spent 80.00 hard earned dollars on a stealth cam to pinpoint deer movements.. the first one i got was defective and had to send it back and wait a week to get the new one, two days out in privatley owned woods and THE CAMERA IS GONE . I am so upset. I have no idea who took it, I just wanted to have the fun of seeing deer on film.. guess not anymore, damb jerks out there lol. it wasnt in an obvious place at all thats the thing. .. well what can i do ya know? im just upset.

·
Registered
349 Posts
That really sucks! Unfortunately there is little you can do to track it down. It seems theft is becoming more common, even on private ground. I guess you need a second camera in a more hidden spot just to guard the first one you set up. :p

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hate to say this but did anyone go with you to put it in? Had a episode in my life where a friend was there with me to put a treestand up for deer season. Came back a week later, gone. During gun season hunted behind his house on a fluke, there it was in the tree! Needless to say we aren't friends anymore! You never know? Matt

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no friends went with me, the only person that knew that from my knowledge was the lady who owns the property . Shes thrilled I hunt it since she gets the meat if I get one on her property. Now , as stated on the classifieds, Im looking to get a used one. can anyone help ?

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Andrew,

Where in PA do you live? Many of us here on AT live in PA and would be happy to at least keep our eyes out for ya.

Good luck this season.....

~Scoobs~

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lucky-n-happy...

...if it is on "private" land...ask the landowner if there is anyone else with permission to be on the property hunting...

...if there is...you "may have" just found the thief...if not...what about neighboring properties...

...more than likely, you will not recover the camera that was stolen but you will have notified the landowner that "someone else" is on the property...and he may be willing to contact the LAW should he notice anything suspicious:cool: ...

...a thief, when caught...should have a hand cut off in my opinion...

...good luck son...hope your hunting this fall goes well:) ...

>>>---DD--->;)

·
Registered
719 Posts
there was a post on this here on AT not to loog ago and there was someone that toke a pic of a note and himself that said if you are porsaseing the fiem{SP} and it is not me call me and he put his PH# on there to

runawaysXs

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys at least ya can make me laugh, Im located right out of Philadelphia, in Delawere county, Chichester to be specific. I have alot of family who lives in allen town, right by dorney park scooby3xs lol. No one else hunts this woods, its only five acres for cryin out loud, people make it hard for me to enjoy what i love. Im only 16 and dont have my drivers lisence yet, I dont have unlimited access to places ya know ?

·
Registered
719 Posts
ttt

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
How do these cameras work? Do they have an IR motion sensor that takes a flash picture of anything large that moves in front of them?

Do you think it took a picture of the theif, who then took it down and stole it?

I'm sorry that somebody stole your camera. :(

kgk

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Leave a note on the same tree saying "I am 16 years old and spent X amount of hours working my job as an X to pay for that camera."

Hopefully if this ******* has a conscience he will return it.

Sorry about the loss. I like to think of hunters as a group that looks out for one another. It is sad that there are people like this that destroy this perception.:mad:

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
ask your parents about their home owners insurance. unless they have a high deductable, you may be able to get some money back.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
tur-bow

I will put a sign out..I also have a portable in the woods, I took a piece of the ladder away so they couldnt get up into it.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Neighbors Property

5 acres that isn't much land and probably could be mistaked for property that is hunted by someone from adjacent land. I would probably also ask neighboring property owners if they have heard anything about a camera that was "found" on "their" property.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
GRRRRRR I HATE THEIVES!!!!!!!!!! The last 2 years in a row we have had firewood that my bro. and I cut to sell. We had 1/2 mile of about 100 year old trees to cut, so we cut them up, and stacked the firewood along the row inside the ditch beside a road. Well, one week we went to cut wood, and about $100 worth of wood was gone, with footprints, and truck tracks pulling off the road, load up, and split Sunday morning when everyone around here is at church. Our neighbor had to take care of a few cows that morning and stayed home from church, and saw a truck drive by with freshly cut hedge firewood (the stuff we cut) past his place about 3/4 mile from his house. So we were at his place asking if we could rent his dump truck to haul our wood home so no more of it gets stolen.......while we were standing there talking, the same truck drove by fairly slowly, and the guy said.......THAT'S THE TRUCK!!!! So my bro. and I jumped in his car, and chased after 'em, and got their tag #, and put that into the cop's report as well. I don't think the cops ever did anything with that then, and that kinda hacked us off, but they were busy taking care of a few murder cases in town. So last year we started our season cutting again, and cut more than we could haul home that day, so we left it in the ditch..........well, sure enough, the next week it was GONE! About another $70 gone. So we learned our lesson there, and when we couldn't haul all of what we cut, we'd keep cutting if we had time, and leave the wood in about 15-20' logs. LOL The jerks were too lazy to actually do any work, so they'd take the small pieces that didn't need splitting. They never touched that place again. We had another plcae that a farmer offered to us for free to cut to get it out of his way, so we did that......about 1 1/10 mile from where I'm sitting right now (my house) and less than 1/4 mile from an occupied house (the owner's) so we figured we didn't have anything to worry about. WRONG The !#$%!#$%!#$% struck again. I don't know if it was the same people or not, but I was PISSED!!!!!!! So, needless to say, if we can't haul every firewood sized piece home anymore, it's in 20' logs, or still standing. Just hacks me off BIG TIME!!!!!!!!! I'm 14 now, and the first time it happened to us was when I was 12. I was 12, and my bro. was 14, and we worked our tail feathers off and cut 1/2 mile of Hedge trees average 100 years old, hauled home, split, delivered, and all that. Then, some !#$^#%&#%&$#*%^*((%)[email protected][email protected]#%[email protected]$%&#@*&@%@#$^@#$^#$^&*#%^* comes and steals it from us doing nothing but load some nicely cut pieces onto their truck, and not a single time did the cops do anything about it. The first one just kinda acted like........yeah, I know it was stolen, but there's no chance you're gonna get 'em, so why do anything about it......He did his job taking the report, but I could tell it wasnt' gonna get anywhere. That pic on the roll of film is a good idea!!!!! Maybe even engrave your name and address or something in it so it's easily identifiable
Noone hunts the place that I'm gonna hunt this year, but there's been poachers right in this spot already, and left a bunch of deer and waterfowl remains and whole birds to rot in a field about 500 yards from my house. I'm gonna chain and lock my stand. Anyway...........sorry to ramble on so long, but I had to vent a bit again. And yes, it's a terrible feeling knowing that someone knew very well it was yours, didn't care, and took it anyway. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR The thought of a .223 and some FMJ "tire rounds" came to mind quite a few times, but I'd be in deep crap if I'd do something like that, not to mention dangerous.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Andrew Cardile & Edersbow.com

Now that I see his name, maybe I shouldn't feel so sorry for him, considering what went on over at edersbow.com about 1yr ago.

Posing as an older gentleman asking for used equipment to help a needy boy, but turns around and sells the stuff without shipping the stuff.

Here's some light reading.

http://167.206.135.118/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=003976

As they say, what comes around goes around.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts