Archery Talk Forum banner

Explain to me Please why and how you measure draw length from the valley

535 Views 5 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  A Mess
Can someone explain to me why you measure draw length form the valley and how ?? Do you measure were the valley starts or ends. I would love to know this information. I have a draw board and digital scale and tuning my own bows ( Drenalin - Elite GT500 )
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3,284 Posts
u measure draw length from the deepest part of your grip to the sharpest bend in your string. your d-loop shounld be there but u never no. hope that helps.

· Registered
1,326 Posts
to find out your draw lenght stick your hands as far outto ech direction naturally measure that and devide by 2.5 and theres your draw length

· Registered
7,101 Posts
DL is measured from the deepest part of the grip to the string groove in the nock at full draw PLUS 1 3/4". Thats AMO. Usually the rest mount hole is also centered above the deepest part of the grip and if so, can be also used in figuring AMO DL measurement. It is to the wall (the farthest point) not the begining of the valley.

· Registered
444 Posts
draw length

Another way you measure your draw length is to measure your wingspan from finger tip to finger tip then subtract 15 then divide by 2 and there you have it, just like any way you measure sometimes if the person has very large or very small fingers you adjust your starting measurement because fingers have nothing to do with your draw.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.