Archery Talk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last spring I was teaching my 3 little granddaughters to shoot their BB gun, the kids caught on quick but got bored with paper targets real fast. We moved on to balloons and soup cans and water jugs but ended up inventing a way to pressurize cola bottles that makes them explode when shot.

These targets are good for firearms, high power airguns, longbow and compound bow but most have been bought by Crossbow owners.

They are available on ebay and here is a link to my listings (don't have a store):

Big Blast Target Inflator

http://www.ebay.com/sch/999callen/m...e=STRK:MESELX:IT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

I badly need some video to add to my listings --

One scene would have a camera on the by-standers, people who haven't seen a bottle blow before, and capture their reaction to the 'explosion'. And then a shot over the shoulder of the shooter showing him shoot and the target bottle. --Need crossbow and longbow--

If you can help just post your video to youtube, and send me a link, and if the video is usable (cell phone video isn't) I'll download and edit and show my sincere appreciation with $50 worth of free product. Your choice, select what you want from my ebay listings.

Thanks and Have a BLAST !!

Charlie

PS: The guy in the picture is my son-in-law

Attachments

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Callen - As someone who is a self-proclaimed pyrotechnic junkie and aficionado of the wonders of binary targets and dry ice and 2liter bottles (umm, even at age 38), I think your product sounds fantastic! Ironically, I was preparing to order the MegaBoom target, which operates on essentially the same "high PSI + punctured plastic = harmless sonic boom." I took a glance at your caps, and I prefer the disposable nature of your offering. I'd love to give them a try, if you have any interest. I have a new Mission Dagger crossbow, a well-manicured lawn, two young children who squeal with delight over BOOMs, and a wife who is a professional photographer (recording 1080i quality footage would be a cinch - she could do most any creative footage you'd prefer).

On a different topic, if you've not already considered it, I'd implore you to look into creating an e-commerce site for your product. I own and operate MountainDogChews[dot]com, which runs on the BigCommerce platform. I've consulted with dozens of small to mid-market brands (as both an attorney as well as an online brand development consultant), and I think that if your product actually works, you have something that is both novel and highly marketable within the outdoors/shooting sports/archery/airgun markets.

PM me if you have any interest in having us capture footage. Sounds like a hoot!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.