Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an extra large hard sided one-piece recurve bow case listed for sale on eBay. It is item # 273315105620. I’m also offering to sell it here. I’m asking $95 for the case plus $37.25 for shipping,

This is how it is listed on eBay:

Bought this case last year to fly to a National event. Purchased it directly from Far North Cases, the company that supplies these cases to 3-Rivers Archery. I had this one custom made by the manufacturer to larger measurements than the standard size that is sold by 3-Rivers.

Overall size is 67 ½” long by 6 ¾” diameter. I was impressed with the quality of construction. It appears to made around a large diameter pvc pipe tube that gives it strength. It has 3 internal padded compartments. The largest is 66” deep for the unstrung recurve bow. The second is 38” deep for a quiver full of arrows. The third is a 6” deep center zippered compartment for a tab, gloves, bowstring, and stringer. The end caps are also padded.

For comparison, the one-piece recurve bow case that 3-Rivers Archery sells is overall only 59” long x 6” diameter and was too short for my unstrung 69”AMO recurve bow. My case is 8 ½” longer and ¾” larger diameter to hold a larger bow.

I now use a modern carbon takedown bow for competition and won’t need this case anymore.

I took the case to my local Post Office and UPS Store to get a real estimate of shipping. Both told me that there will be a surcharge because of the extra length and odd shape of the case as it is wrapped for mailing. The Post Office has the lower charge of $37.25 for Priority Mail.

lid.jpg logo.jpg overall.jpg

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sale pending 6/28/2018

1 - 2 of 2 Posts