Archery Talk Forum banner

Extreme or G5 Sight

608 Views 6 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Kirch
I'm looking to get a new sight with my new Katera, looking at either the Extreme RT900 4 pin the the .019 pins or the G5 Optix LE. heard good and bad things about both. price wise the Extreme is about 30 bucks cheaper. want a sight i don't need the light with as well. thanks for the input.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,542 Posts
The only thing I heard was the G5 LE and ME had rattle problems. That is why they revamped the NEw XR with the floating pin. I was told that the new XR has a better adjusting system than the ME and LE. Now if all that is true< I am not for sure. BUt what I do know, Is I bought the NEw XR and I love it. It does not make a shound and it had three fixed pins and one floater. I have mine marked for 50 and 60 yards, but you can adjust it to many different yards depending on what You want to shoot. I have my bow set up at about 59 lbs and it is grouping very nicely at 50 & 60 when I turn the dial to the marks I made. There have been some on here that have sold in the $125-$145 range shipped. I know that is probably more than you want to spend, but I think the sight is worth it.

KEvin

· Registered
36,987 Posts
I own 2 Extreme RT900 and that are awsome sights ... can't speak on the G5

· Classifieds Administrator
39,728 Posts
I have the G5 Optix ME and no rattles or issues at all. Works great for me. The floating 4th pin is awesome!

Plus G5 has some of the best customer service out there if you have any concerns or problems.

· Registered
7,911 Posts
If you want good quality and great customer service checkout sword.
Dont know anything about G5 sights but their broadheads are awesome.
As for Xtreme I was always told if you dont have anything good to say then:zip:

· Registered
54 Posts
Have the optix XR with the floater and couldn't be happier. very easy adjustment and rock solid design. No noise issues on mine. It's pricey.... but you get what you pay for. The light is adjustible to like 6-7 levels too. probably can't go wrong w/ either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.