Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I will be getting another bow this week and I have narrowed it down to two bows The Extreme VFT and patriot s/c
I have hade the opertunity to shoot the VFT but I have not shot the 2003 patriot I have shot the 2002
is there much difference between the two? and what is your opinion on the two bows
Thanks Scott

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Yes, there is quite a bit of difference between the '02 and '03 Patriots........much narower grip, thinner riser, lighter weight, better balanced, and the stabilizer hole is moved up right under the grip, and the riser re-done between the grip and lower limb pocket. I shoot an '02, wish I had '03.

·
Banned
4,304 Posts
That's a tough choice. The 03 Pat SC also has the sand trap limb pockets. The VFT is a little faster, though they are very similar bows. The Pat has more brace height. That may or may not be an issue. I'd shoot the Pat, then decide. Either way, you get a great hunting & occasional 3D bow.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
These bows are very similar.. what bowtech has basically
done is they have lessened the brace height of the design,
given it a tad more ata length and given it 10fps more speed.
It's the same cams, limbs and design as the patriot so they
should shoot very similar.. the patriot with the longer bh
might be a tad more forgiving at the cost of about 10 fps...
really boils down to what you want or need for the type of
shooting you do.. if speed is not an issue, go with the
patriot, if you want the most speed, go with the extreme..
both are excellent bows.. I chose the patriot because I
wanted the higher brace height and found I could easily
reach 280 fps for asa shoots with this bow...both are
great bows...

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys I ordered the patriot last night and the owner of the shop has the VFT sitting on the shelf he said he would keep both for me and let me do my own testing when the pat arrived and let me see for my self what the diffrences are and said that if I liked the VFT better that he would keep the patriot for himself now that is good customer service

1 - 6 of 6 Posts