Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had or have shot a BowTech extreme or sampson i am interseted in buying a new sampson an was wondering what people thought of them. If the VFT technology really works??? If anyone has any type of imput please do so. thanks in advance to those who help me out.:confused:

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
LOVE IT!

Bought one 2 months ago. Its forgiving and fast.

I'm getting 290 at 67#, 28" draw. Screamer!

Bo

·
Registered
167 Posts
Definately buy one. The more you shoot it, the more you love it. The Extreme VFT ROCKS! It's a smooth shooter for a speed bow. Very accurate and great grip. You won't regret it!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Mossy:

I was telling you about my friends Samson the other day. Well I shot it a couple days ago and although I could not shot his set up cause it was off for me I could still group with it. I stacked 3 arrows on top of each other at 25 yards. Virtually no shock and as I said before...the fastest bow I personally have ever seen.

·
Roll Tide
2,687 Posts
I didn't buy the Extreme VFT because it was fast. I got it because TO ME it was the smoothest drawing and shooting bow that I have shot of any 2003 model or any previous to that. It draws smooth. Shoots smooth. Is very forgiving and compact too. But as a side kicker the speed thing is there just because it's a BowTech.

I've got a 28" draw and am shooting 60 pounds. With my hunting arrow weighing in at 396 grains (might as well call it 400) and I'm still shooting 268-270 FPS through the Chrony. My "birth certificate" that came with my bow said it was rated at either 307 or 317 FPS with a 350 grain arrow and 70 pounds. Don't remember off the top of my head but it was 300 something with a 7 in it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
speed vs. accuracy

Sorry but these speed bows will lose EVERY time,you need to watch the video of a arrow leaving the rest at 280/300 fps! everything turns to RUBBER This guy stated his bow shoots 350 fps, thats way to fast for accuracy,pin point accuracy and why would anybody desire all the (noise )that comes with this much poundage?unless this guy is hunting rhino's or extremly dangerous game in africa I think theres accuracy being sacrificed,for a speeddy useless setup for deer !45 pounds of K.E is,has been documented to handle a complete pass through,BOWTECH is a fine bow, time will tell if they make it in this competitive world! THEY ARE FAST!!!!!,SLOW IT DOWN @MAKE IT ACCURATE

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Great choice

I've been shooting the VFT Extreme since this spring and I could not be happier with this bows performance. It is an excellent performer that is smooth and stable. The combo of smooth draw and rock solid back wall gives me one of the most comfortable shooting platforms I have ever experienced. I've been a very strong Mathews fan for the last few seasons but I'm afraid I like the VFT better than even my trusted Q2. I truly believe the VFT shoots better with less recoil and considerably more speed. You will love this top end bow. I've fired thousands of arrows thru it from the practice range to 3Ds nearly every weekend and it even started this year in the spring Turkey blind and this bow hasn't missed a beat. The ONLY thing I had to change was the O2 string, I went to a better quality Winners Choice.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
The 350 fps bow bragging on the market has the fine print that "Military Arrows" are used to get the 350 fps. You don't need it. Keep it around the 250 fps range for accuracy.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
The Extreme VFT is a great little hunting bow. I would shoot it with some limb savers on it instead of those blocks and leeches or cat whickers since I don't think their silencers work that well either.

Nice bow & you can get over 300 fps easy out of one with a 30" draw. I did find I liked a fall away out of this bow very much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts