Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody seen or heard of someone using a scope for a sight on their bow. My wife’s uncle has had a problem with some issues of his eyesight since a operation and has always been a avid bow hunter. Now I don’t mean a bow sight scope which is popular with target archery but a scope similar to what goes on a pistol or rifle with cross hairs and not a red dot. Also the recoil or shock would be opposite of a gun. He has tried the verifiers and no peeps with out any luck.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Jeff, I have never heard of this type of thing and just don't see how it is possible. Where could you mount something like that where it would not get hit by the bowstring upon release? I suppose if you could find a handgun scope with enough eye relief to allow you to mount it to the riser, but this wouldn't be any different than a regular scope archery sight as far as I can guess. Good luck and hopefully somebody knows of something like this...what about a Bushnell Holosight or something like that?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would think that the eye relief would be to short on a shotgun scope. He must of seen a pistol scope mounted on a HHA sight.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
seems different i had eye problems after am eye operation had to get a contact to slitly under correct my right eye so i can see my pins

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
he might want to consider making a bracket to mount the scope on. And have the bracket long enough for the eye relief. plus he would have to change his form to accomidate the scope.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Truglo has a new 2x Red Dot which I'm looking to buy for use on my shotgun, crossbow and compound bow. Cabelas used to carry a weaver mount for compound bows which would work. I'm sure they're out there on the web. The recoil impulse from a bow will not be a problem for the new Truglo 2x sight--I checked with them. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
I was talking to my cousin from NY state this past summer. He said that he put a Burris 4 power pistol scope on a HHA red dot mount. He said it worked well for him last deer season.

Ray Ray

1 - 8 of 8 Posts