Archery Talk Forum banner

EZ-Green integrated Arrow Saw

830 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  mscott327
I just couldn't bring myself to pay for an arrow saw once I found these little bench top cutoff saws from harbor freight. I swapped out the wood blade for a diamond cutoff blade with the same arbor size and the cutting component of this project was complete.
For the adjustable base I decided to integrate the saw into my EZ-Green press. I made a mounting base that the saw is bolted to, it slips over the main section of square tubing on the press and locks into place by tightening two bolts that are threaded through the base against the press.
The end block is just a 3x4 section of flat steel that is mounted to the end arm of the press with two 1/4 - 20 bolts threaded into the press and a small cup drilled about half way through the steel plate with a large drill bit to give the nock of the arrow a place to center and spin while cutting.
The saw is 10,600 rpm and my total cost is about $45 granted I had the steel plate and the aluminum tube I used to build the mounting base was scrap from a deck rail job.

Reactions: KitsapDan
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· escaped from the loonybin
1,594 Posts
Make sure you don't use the chop saw like a chop saw, though. Bring it down part way and spin the arrow.

Reactions: RamblinBowman

· Slinging Arrows
1,965 Posts
Looks Good. great idea

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.