Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my press on a little wooden bench that I just didn’t really like. Took a little time after work yesterday and welded up a steel one. 2” tubing, elevator bolts in the base with felt bottomed feet. Turned out to be exactly what I was looking for. Couple taps and a rattle can and it was finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Very nice work. Looks like it should have been that way from the manufacturer

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I based it on a picture from Last Chances stand they sell for $160. I didn’t like how the legs on their stand didn’t have a cross bar connecting the two so I added that. I have about $20 in materials including the spray paint.

·
Registered
101 Posts
VERY NICE WORK!!!!! How tall did you make the base? Also, what color spray paint did you use? Looks like a great match.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Will you teach me how to weld? haha. Looks awesome!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the compliments folks! The stand is 30” tall from bottom of the base to top. This is actually my first welding project. I work for a company that has a metal fabrication division. I took advantage of some of the friendships I have made with the fab guys and they have been teaching me how to weld over the last couple months. It has been huge to have true experts in the craft teaching me. This was a VERY basic project. The spray paint I just bought from tractor supply I don’t remember the name of the color.

·
Registered
517 Posts
A grinder and some paint makes you the welder you ain't. Lol. Joking. My dad used to say that. He's a welder. Which means i never bothered to learn to weld. Looks good.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I totally agree! I thought I did pretty good until the fab guys came in and started nitpicking it to death! All in good fun of course.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I made the same stand as well but I added coasters. I also added a shelf for the arrow saw just below the press to make room in work space. Nice welds!!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I like that stand.. Would you be willing to give specs?? I have ez press on order and would like to build a stand but have no measurements since I don’t have press yet... Great Job

1 - 16 of 16 Posts