Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some --hopefully not too dumb-sounding--questions about F.I.T.A:
1. Is there a Dress-code and is it always enforced?
2. Is a 900 Round usually a 1 or 2 day event?
3. If 1 day, how long does it take, on the average,to shoot a 900 Round?
4. What size is the 10-ring at 40,50,60 yards?
5. I've seen shooting lines and groups of people shooting off platforms: which is the norm?, and by what categories are people grouped together (gender? equipment? random?)?
Answers and advice are greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

·
Is that a cookie?
4,866 Posts
Come to the season opener!

Check out the FITA/900 Round at the WCW/Kenmore Range, north end of Lk Wa, next Sat/Sun. THe 900 Round is on Sunday and is meters (state games and NSG this summer is yards FWIW). Its a great way to get introduced to the NW archery crowd and have a guaranteed good time. See the link for more detail:

http://nwarchery.blogspot.com/

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
5. I've seen shooting lines and groups of people shooting off platforms: which is the norm?, and by what categories are people grouped together (gender? equipment? random?)?
Thanks!
1. yes and no
2. 1 day unless there are too many shooters to fit the shooting ground.
3. it depends if it's shot as AB CD or ABC. ABC is done twice as fast.
4. All faces are the same. The ten ring is 12.2 cm or close to 5'' (4.8'').
5. FITA's 2 main equipment categories are olympic and compound bow (there are others as well). Gender, of course. And age groups - cadets, juniors, seniors (up to 50year of age) and veterans (50+).

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:thumbs_up thank you both so much!

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Thanks!

Dress code: FITA Dresscode and USAA/NAA dresscode are different. The FITA Dresscode is primarily for things like World Cups and World Championships. The USAA/NAA has a dresscode for its national events. Local and States can do as they please. Many require a dresscode in an attempt to make the archers familiar with the requirements. But often someone comes forward that does read and has Levis on. Locally, we usually inform them of the dress code and on day two, they are looking good. The problem is only when those that know better dont wear dresscode compliant wear. The tourney orgnaizer then has to waste time managing a dresscode violation when the time could be better spent managing something that actually effects competition and an efficiently run tournament.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts