Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What affect will additional contact with the face cause? I recently had to switch from a Stan SX2 to a finger release due to tendonitis. I got the Carter Like Mike release and seem to do OK with it. But I have recently noticed that I am hitting a tad bit left. Checking the usual suspects, dropping bow are or shoulder, but it seems more consistent than that.

Then I tried using my middle finger instead of my index finger and it was much better. It is either due to face contact or the fact that back tension seems easier to do with the middle finger. Using the index I think I may be punching, but that used to make me hit right before I moved to the Stan.

Thanks for some help.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
P.o.i.

My POI seems to shift to the right when I go from my hand held to a wrist strap. I think it's from pressing the hand held against my face. If I pay attention and don't press hard, the differance is not much. If I dig my hand into my jaw, the gap gets bigger.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I might be mistaken but I think it would be an anchor point issue. Have you tried shooting the like mike at 90 meters and seeing how the poi differs? It might be a small difference at 20 yards that you only sometimes notice but at a great big long distance the problem might make itself evident.

Mason

P.S. all serious shooting questions should be given the most racy offensive titles so that people will actually read them. i.e. you should have titled "brand x bows are garbage and their customer service threw a brick threw my picture window."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts