Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for you guys that shoot NFAA barebow, how many anchors do you use , I am thinking of trying to do it with maybe 3 anchors then gap shooting everthing else . Years ago , I facewalked and string walked having point on at every 5 yd distance . But with the speed of these modern bows What do you guys do ?

·
Registered
802 Posts
...................look thru my Spott Hogg.......................Oh that isnt what you are looking for?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the thoughts Wirenut , but just taken all the bits off the bow and stripped her back

·
Registered
452 Posts
Just walk the string

I don't have to walk my face or use multiple anchors. I do however, shoot enough draw weight and a light enough arrow to shoot one anchor out to 80 yards.
64# from a Barnsdale 47.5" ATA "Classic X" at a 29" draw length with 400 spine "Lightspeed" shafts, 2 " Blazer vanes, 80 grain points, = approx.330-340 grain arrows. Thru my chrono I get 270+/- fps. Three fingers under, anchored up under my cheekbone, point on is about 83 yards. I work everything down from there, and I do use multiple clickers.
There you have it.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am using a much higher anchor , 400 lightspeeds 90 gn points 2 inch blazers and point on at 40 yds , Most of the competitions I shoot only go out to 55 yds

1 - 5 of 5 Posts