Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying myself a Christmas present tomorrow. I have to decide either the Faktor 30 or the Carbon Spyder 30. My concern with the CS is that the finish wears off. For the price of the CS you would think it should hold up. I know they are both great bows. Any advice on the finish wearing off on the carbon bows?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
If you use something the finish will wear off no matter what it is. Buy it and enjoy it. Thats it.
The finish is wearing on my rampage xt as well. Guess what I use it alot. If I wanted a museum piece I would have framed it and hung it on the wall. Remember it is just a finish not like you can't refinish it. Look at all the vehicles that get repainted, gun stocks that get refinished.

Buy, use, enjoy.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Uh ya,,, shoot em both and then get the one you think feels the best. Then pony up the $500 more for the carbon.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Uh ya,,, shoot em both and then get the one you think feels the best. Then pony up the $500 more for the carbon.
That's how it worked for me too

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a Faktor 30 that I bought for a good price used mainly because I wanted to see how the Z5's felt as opposed to the RKT. It is a great bow & shoots very smooth, quiet & fast. However I always find myself eluding to my Carbon Element just because the post shot feel of the carbon bow. Shoot them both & see what you like best.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts