Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a 28.5" draw, and am kind of in a hard situation with deciding between these 2 bows. I have shot the turbo and it shoots great. Only problem is that I will be at the bottom end of the #3 cam with my draw. If I go with the 34, I will be at the top end of the #2. I know Hoyts start to become less efficient at the lower end of the mods options. Which bow will produce the most speed?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't think the speeds will be significantly different. Have you shot both models?

Will this bow be for hunting, target, or all-around shooting?

The big difference would be that the Turbo has a shorter brace height and shorter ATA. If it were me, I'd go with whichever bow "felt" better while shooting.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think the speeds will be significantly different. Have you shot both models?

Will this bow be for hunting, target, or all-around shooting?

The big difference would be that the Turbo has a shorter brace height and shorter ATA. If it were me, I'd go with whichever bow "felt" better while shooting.
I've only shot the turbo and I was stacking arrows at 20 yards. I do not have easy access to a 34 with a #2 can, so I can not shoot one. This bow will mainly be a hunting bow, but used occasionally for some 3d.

·
Registered
4 Posts
unless you have to have the new bow right away. I'd hold out until you can shoot both of them, you'll be able to make a more confident decision.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
34 will give you more speed at the end on #2 cam for sure. most actually catch up CST

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
You'll love the hold and string angle on the 34......With that said, I'm an inch shorter on DL, so the Turbo is still good with me. My CST will be my ELk bow and is getting a set of 80# limbs attached, and my Carbon 34 will be my longer range Muley bow. I'm not as concerned with speed because I use heavier arrows.....The speed on the 34 will be very good for your needs.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I shoot a 29" draw and out of the two I chose the 34, a little extra forgiveness with the brace height and if their is any difference in the speed between the two its indiscernible.

·
Mark
5,696 Posts
I'm 28" draw and shoot 2013 34" Spyder Turbo. Love the string angle lightly touching nose.

·
Looking for a monster!
8,466 Posts
Im the same, 28.5" draw and i went with the 34. (In sig) and glad i did. Love the feel of the #2 cam

·
Registered
421 Posts
My vote is for the 34. At the top of the #2 you will get good speed and the added forgiveness of the longer brace height. The Turbo is no doubt a shooter but I think the 34 is the total package!

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
swwishooter, how far are you from little jons in Marshal? He has them and is a nice guy to deal with. You would be able to shoot anything he has and shoot them against each other for comparison!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts