Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my fall of '09 Maine bear mount. I took it with my DXT and a 100gr G5 Montec CS.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Awesome bear!! I really like the way you had it done. Truly a great trophy. COngrats to you!!

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
That's a nice one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sweet Bear ....

Where in Maine did you go? I'm going Sep 11th to Track down kennels.... I'm very pumped, hope I have a trophy like that to bring home.... Great Job :mg:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where in Maine did you go? I'm going Sep 11th to Track down kennels.... I'm very pumped, hope I have a trophy like that to bring home.... Great Job :mg:
I was up by Caribou Maine. I hunted with Maine Wild Country Outfitters. They hunt solely from the ground and man is it ever a rush!
I'm booked again for the first week this fall. They're great people and an awesome outfit.
http://www.mainewildcountryoutfitters.com/index.html

Good luck on your hunt!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how much did it weigh?? do you have a field pic??

im heading up in Sept. also and am looking for pics to help me judge
Est weight was 250lbs. I didn't get to weigh him until the next morning when I took him to the check station and the bear weighed at 190lbs field dressed.

Field pics didn't really come out that great. By the time we blood trailed and dragged him out of the woods it was going on 11:30pm.

This pic is the next morning after taking him to the check station. The bear on the left is my 16yr old son's bear. He took it with my Marlin 1895GS .45-70 on the same day about a mile away from where I was on stand at. I heard the shot and needless to say, I'm very proud of him!!

I posted on your thread, I'll be watching it for updates and again good luck to you guys!!

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Very nice... congrats... nice bear(s) and mount...
nothing like the rush of shooting them off of the ground... esp w/ bow!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is a sweet mount how much did it cost to get it done that way?
It wasn't cheap :mg:
It cost me $1150.00, done by Toby Montgomery of TM creations in Franfort ME.....and he delvered it to me in MA.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Beautiful animal :)

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
It wasn't cheap :mg:
It cost me $1150.00, done by Toby Montgomery of TM creations in Franfort ME.....and he delvered it to me in MA.
Wasnt quite as bad as I thought it would be but still pricey. I may be going up next year and was trying to get an idea of what a mount would run.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts