Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any body seen or bought this restraint harness its suppose to work like a seatbelt in your car or truck. holds up to 300lbs. It can be used going up or down from your stand. Pretty slick item i thought anyways.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I bought one this year but haven't used it. I have just pulled on it and it does work like a seat belt. The strappulls out easy when not jerked, but once a sudden movement it stops intantly. I am hoping it works in such a way it catches you b4 you even have time to fall.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I bought the harness only, I thought it was the best fit of the ones I tried. I'm using it with the summit safety rope w/prussic hitch. I don't trust the retractor they make, or anyone elses for that matter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought the fall guy and will be hanging it up in the stand this afternoon. I like the idea of being "connected" the whole way up and down.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Airhead said:
I bought the harness only, I thought it was the best fit of the ones I tried. I'm using it with the summit safety rope w/prussic hitch. I don't trust the retractor they make, or anyone elses for that matter.

No doubt, what if you fell asleep and just slowly and evenly fell forward out of your stand....Would it think you was climbing down?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Fall Guy

I bought and used one last year for my ladder stand. Best thing I have ever seen as far as safety in a stand. If you do fall, you are only going a few inches. I just ordered another one two days ago. The only down side that I can think of is that they are kind of pricy and if you use them where others have access to them, they will probably dissapear. Both of mine are on private ground where no one will be around. The weather does not affect them. I left mine out in the rain all last season and it still works great. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
We have them in the shop and they work well. We have a display hanging off the rafters.

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
I've got two and one of them saved my butt during a pitch-black descent last season. Great product......no knots to mess with. They're about $70 each, but a trip to the ER costs more. :wink:

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
MushroomHound said:
No doubt, what if you fell asleep and just slowly and evenly fell forward out of your stand....Would it think you was climbing down?
I would have to say no. I have "played" with mine a little, and I was surprised at how fast it locked up with even the slightest speed applied to it.
I have never felt so safe climbing in and out of my stand as I do with the Fall Guy.

Lien2

1 - 9 of 9 Posts