Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at harnesses the other day, the one I liked best was the Fall Guy. It fit better, was light, buckles were out of the way, and the leg straps didn't dig into my crotch. I don't want the retractable tether (I can buy just the harness), I use a rope and prussic hitch.

Any experience, good or bad with this harness?

Thanks

·
Registered
322 Posts
haven't fallen, yet, like it alot

·
Registered
451 Posts
Airhead - I have the Summit Seat of the Pants system. I looked at the Fall Guy and the Hunter Safety System as well, but went with the Summit based on an independent review that was done last year. I can't find the link on here anymore, but the review was done by a fellow who put each system through its paces, including jumping out of a stand to see how effective each was at preventing injury. One of his findings was the Summit was a lot less painful to the crotch area during a fall; the straps fit around the legs at a little different angle, which keeps them from sliding up the leg to the crotch when tension is applied. I've been happy with the Summit system, but I do wish it had some of the features of the other two restraint systems.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked at the HSS and the SOP as well as a couple others.

The SOP seemed like a pain to put on, and the buckles for the straps are very large, very close to the harness that came with my Summit (which I hate). Maybe I'll give it another look.

The HSS just didn't fit me, I'm tall and skinny 6'2", 160lbs. So finding anything that fits me is difficult.

Thanks

Anyone else?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts