Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a QAD Ultra-rest ld on a Pearson Passion 2 bow, setting up the bow as a hunting back-up bow. I set it up per the instructions, but I'm getting lots of fletching contact with the rest with both lower vanes (indicating that the rest is not dropping fast enough).

Is there a way to adjust the speed of the drop using the springs inside the rest? Or should I try moving the attachment to the down cable up towards the rest in small increments until the fletching clears?

The instructions don't say what to do to solve this, or I missed it...:confused:

Any help is appreciated!

·
Relocated Cajun
10,974 Posts
when at full draw have someone push on the chord connected to the cable....if it got a bunch of slack that could be the problem...

·
Registered
825 Posts
Don't know abouy the QAD,but I shoot the RipCords which is just like the QAD.You want the rope to unlatch the rest at the very end of your draw.When I serve my rope end.I split the string with the rope,cock the rest and come to full draw.Let down and pull another 1/8 of rope through the string and serve it end.

It works for me,hope this helps

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm gonna try to put the bow one a drawboard, and set the cord up using that. I'm not really happy with the cable clamp that came with the rest, so I'm also gonna serve the arrow rest cord to the cable.

Hopefully that will get it falling fast enough to clear the vanes.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I had the same issue with my QAD. The arrow rest was setup properly at my local pro shop but I was getting fletching contact. I contacted QAD and they sent me a new launch arm that had a higher valley at no charge. Problem solved. This issue is supposed to be resolved in the newer model.

Note: The launcher arm should backup to 100% vertical right before full draw. If it does not, then the rope attached to your cable is probably not set right.

Excellent customer service at QAD!!

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
bamajk said:
I had the same issue with my QAD. The arrow rest was setup properly at my local pro shop but I was getting fletching contact. I contacted QAD and they sent me a new launch arm that had a higher valley at no charge. Problem solved. This issue is supposed to be resolved in the newer model.

Note: The launcher arm should backup to 100% vertical right before full draw. If it does not, then the rope attached to your cable is probably not set right.

Excellent customer service at QAD!!
i had the same problem with the same results. people at qad are awesome. i believe the new launcher has TL1 written on it. if it doesnt call qad asap. they will send you one right away.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got it fixed up! :darkbeer:
I was already using the TL1 launcher blade, so it was just a matter of adjusting the rest timing using a draw board. I set it up so when the bow is drawn 28 3/4" the rest has not moved, but has moved to the "cocked" position when the bow gets to 29 1/2" (giving an extra 1/2" for safety in case I creep before the shot during hunting).

I couldn't find my foot powder to check for clearance, so I dug out the little lady's lip stick and put a line down the outside edge of the vanes. then I shot and everything is cool. No lipstick on the rest at all.

Uggggggh, but I forgot that I have a light contact with my chin against the vane..... and I forgot to wipe that off.... so I had to explain what the red lipstick smear was doing on my chin when she came home. All's well that ends well, right? LOL. I'm thinking that I'm gonna enjoy this rest, just need to shoot it a couple thousand times.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
RingSteel said:
I couldn't find my foot powder to check for clearance, so I dug out the little lady's lip stick and put a line down the outside edge of the vanes. then I shot and everything is cool. No lipstick on the rest at all.

Uggggggh, but I forgot that I have a light contact with my chin against the vane..... and I forgot to wipe that off.... so I had to explain what the red lipstick smear was doing on my chin when she came home. All's well that ends well, right? LOL. I'm thinking that I'm gonna enjoy this rest, just need to shoot it a couple thousand times.
So that's your story and you're sticking with it? I'm not sure this post will suffice for an alibi with the little lady. :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts