Archery Talk Forum banner
41 - 60 of 91 Posts

· Registered
200 Posts
Crazy overzealous ass Conservation Officer that is going to get what he deserves. I can't stand them harassing innocent people, it happens all too often. Some of them have taken the Game Wardens are the most powerful LE's way too far. I bet whoever spread the lie about this dude is also puckered up pretty good, I'm sure his day in court is coming too. Glad he's suing.

· Vendor
28,363 Posts
But you caved into pure defiance of what our legal systems one basic rule is - innocent until proven guilty. You sought to prove your innocence. Im an American.
Yeah! I guess I could have been just like you. I prefer to keep a decent reputation and my livelihood.
Got to ask. Are you a 1%er? 99% of the people that I have met that have the outlook on law enforcement that you do, have had a run in with LE.

· Vendor
28,363 Posts
You for sure, I have basic intelligence. And here I am, living rent free in your head. I know you have me blocked so its extra special when you quote someone about me!

Your the Uncle Rico or Al Bundy of AT - your handle proves it. Still riding that buck from way back when, and not another since.
Still riding that buck from way back when.

Yeah EJP! It’s hard to understand, but once you get a 200” deer some wait to kill a bigger one. Get a 200” buck EJP and it may be easier fot you to grasp.😉

· Registered
3,829 Posts
Yeah! I guess I could have been just like you. I prefer to keep a decent reputation and my livelihood.
Got to ask. Are you a 1%er? 99% of the people that I have met that have the outlook on law enforcement that you do, have had a run in with LE.
Im a grown man thats an American, that understands the sacrifices people have made to protect my rights. As you know my dad died from the very same disease you have, and he contracted that at Camp Lejeune while serving - countless people have died while protecting us in battle, or from their sacrifices made to protect this very basic principle…. Or you can just give it all away like you said you did to protect your livelihood, whatever that means.

Innocent until proven guilty - the presumption of innocence is a standard basis of law in all modern democracies, constitutional monarchies, and republics. Apparently not in Kentucky though.

No Im not a 1%’er…. Thats a ridiculous question… nor do I have run in’s with LE. And even if I did, I would approach it with this very demeanor - especially your situation as you state. He was acting on a complaint or lead - thats hearsay, LOL… you gave away your rights in the 5th, 6th, and 14th amendments to a GW that came to investigate a legally harvested deer based on hear say- and your trying to make fun of me? Pppfffttttt….

· Vendor
28,363 Posts
Yes, I knew your father was very sick with the same cancer as I have. Sorry to hear he passed, I didn’t know. At least he is now at rest and without pain. I too served in the Navy. I had a few friends pass in Vietnam, luckily I never made it to Vietnam. So trust me when I say there is a time and a place.
What I have figured out over the years is every conversation doesn’t have to end up in a fight. It’s been since 2008 that I shot this 200” deer and the next day had this conversation with the game warden. little details that really don’t matter that much to me Are a bit foggy. What I can tell you is he didn’t demand anything. He acted in a professional manner. He told me that he needed to follow up on a tip. He mentioned that quite often he gets poaching tips when someone kills a nice buck. Usually by a jealous hunter. Anyway, in this case, he was a good guy, just doing his job.
Innocent until proven guilty. I agree that is the way it should be, but sadly, that is not the case.
Just look at all the people sitting in jail with no charges filed and haven’t seen a judge over January 6 almost 2 years ago.
How would a game warden know what and where I killed this deer without asking a few questions. I simply had a conversation with a game warden and showed him my license and where I killed the deer. As far as I’m concerned, I didn’t have to give up anything. I simply acted as I thought I should with nothing to hide, but a reputation and a livelihood to protect. If that’s what you want to call giving up one’s rights, then I’m guilty of that.
Asking you if you were a 1%er. I am just trying to figure you out a bit. I thought that through the many hunts you have been on, that maybe you were unjustly treated by a Game Warden. Why do you have such disdain for law enforcement? 🤔

· Registered
3,829 Posts
Yes, I knew your father was very sick with the same cancer as I have. Sorry to hear he passed, I didn’t know. At least he is now at rest and without pain. I too served in the Navy. I had a few friends pass in Vietnam, luckily I never made it to Vietnam. So trust me when I say there is a time and a place.
What I have figured out over the years is every conversation doesn’t have to end up in a fight. It’s been since 2008 that I shot this 200” deer and the next day had this conversation with the game warden. little details that really don’t matter that much to me Are a bit foggy. What I can tell you is he didn’t demand anything. He acted in a professional manner. He told me that he needed to follow up on a tip. He mentioned that quite often he gets poaching tips when someone kills a nice buck. Usually by a jealous hunter. Anyway, in this case, he was a good guy, just doing his job.
Innocent until proven guilty. I agree that is the way it should be, but sadly, that is not the case.
Just look at all the people sitting in jail with no charges filed and haven’t seen a judge over January 6 almost 2 years ago.
How would a game warden know what and where I killed this deer without asking a few questions. I simply had a conversation with a game warden and showed him my license and where I killed the deer. As far as I’m concerned, I didn’t have to give up anything. I simply acted as I thought I should with nothing to hide, but a reputation and a livelihood to protect. If that’s what you want to call giving up one’s rights, then I’m guilty of that.
Asking you if you were a 1%er. I am just trying to figure you out a bit. I thought that through the many hunts you have been on, that maybe you were unjustly treated by a Game Warden. Why do you have such disdain for law enforcement? 🤔
I dont have disdain for law enforcement at all… you said a GW came to see you after you killed a big deer because he was investigating a tip from someone saying you poached the deer. Then you stated you took him to the taxidermist, the kill sight etc etc… why? Protecting your livelihood? How so? If your innocent, nothing needs protection. Literally your the one who has had the run in with LE here, not me. My disdain is for people giving away their rights for nothing…. You owed that GW nothing, but yet you allowed him to violate your constitutional rights - over a deer….

· 203 4/8 non-typical
12,294 Posts
I just saved u some time and a head ache
Comfort Wood Flooring Floor Plant

· ONE DAY AT A TIME
4,813 Posts
I dont have disdain for law enforcement at all… you said a GW came to see you after you killed a big deer because he was investigating a tip from someone saying you poached the deer. Then you stated you took him to the taxidermist, the kill sight etc etc… why? Protecting your livelihood? How so? If your innocent, nothing needs protection. Literally your the one who has had the run in with LE here, not me. My disdain is for people giving away their rights for nothing…. You owed that GW nothing, but yet you allowed him to violate your constitutional rights - over a deer….
If you have nothing to hide then showing him/her everything is no big deal!

· Registered
2,000 Posts
@EJP: The GW asking questions isn't a violation of rights. They're entitled by law to do just that, and are empowered by our reliance and trust on them as law abiding citizens. I, for one, appreciate their attempt to make sure all hunting laws were followed. Dragging you to jail on a tip of poaching without any actual evidence is a violation. That's not what happened. Your comments don't add up.

· Registered
15,946 Posts
I just watched that. Not saying he is innocent or guilty. But trust me when I say there are two sides to every story. And that video only shows 1 side of the story
that may be true, but as it is, those wardens are tools..... i don't care about their feelings, it only matters if they can prove a case, which they couldn't, yet they smeared this guy's name, and ruined his capes, and obviously conducted their whole investigation on feelings rather than evidence..... innocent until proven guilty, i know that's not the case for over zealous cops, but it is how it's supposed to be. of course over zealous cops like that will never consider they were wrong
(goes with the theme) and don't care about his capes or reputation, because they think he's guilty, yet they couldn't prove anything..... zero!

i despise law enforcement like that, they are cancer..... they can make their own video explaining their actions, but they obviously won't, because they have no facts to back up their "side"

i have dealt with cops like them on a few occasions, one scenario started with a warden checking me and a friend steelhead fishing, and turned into that cop calling 3 more for backup, so it's they guy i'm talking to and 3 more standing behind him not saying anything with their arms crossed like body guards something that was completely innocent, and extremely easy to prove and i had no weapons on me, but i got irritated because this cop was being an irrational degenerate, and i finally felt obligated to tell him that.... his make believe scenario he was accusing me of was completely unrealistic, which i pointed out several times.... and pointed it out to his buddies when they showed up, and explained the only reason you 3 had to show up is because your fellow officer is scared of his own job..... i understand why this hunter is upset, he has the right to be.

law enforcement officers are like every other group of humans, there are good ones and bad ones.... the majority i would like to think are on the good side of the spectrum (might be over optimistic)

i had another get a hold of me this fall in regards to a bear i killed in september, he could barely talk he was so mad, and was chomping at the bit to cite me, but he wanted to chew me out first to make him feel better.... when he got done with his rant i politely told him he didn't know what he was talking about (they like that, haha) which of course pissed him off more, at that point i had connected the dots in my head of why he was talking to me, so i told him where he got his bad info, and pointed him in the right direction and it was like i just deflated a balloon...... he went quiet for a bit, and then completely changed his tune and apologized.

i was puzzled that he didn't do any homework before calling me, he knew where i lived (he stopped by when i wasn't home) so things seemed obvious from my point of view, and i gave him a little background on why those bios don't like me, and told him to call the officer who has worked my area for several years if he wants additional info about the history of me with that group of bios... i then explained i hunt and fish way too much to be breaking laws, it's literally all i do on my free time.... he of course calmed down and apologized a few times, but he didn't know me from anyone, and came at me like i was intentionally breaking the law and he had me.... now i can't wait to go see my favorite bios, haha. i'm going to make our next meeting very awkward for them.... so there is some good that will come out of it (for me, not them, haha)

being professional is a must for any law enforcement, maybe more important than any other occupation, and any officer who can't stay professional should lose their job, they are too big of a liability. i hope this hunter has the means to sue them, these wardens need to be checked, they couldn't prove their case, and completely drug him through the mud

· Registered
15,946 Posts
You should hunt for yourself. Put the thing down in the truck bed, go home, process it, end of story. Close the barn doors, go chop firewood.
Trouble on both sides of this story.
that's an extremely sorry excuse for what happened, and a terrible attitude to have if you are in law enforcement... who do you think you are telling people why they should hunt? whether i agree with one's motives or not, it's a free country, and we shouldn't tell people why they should hunt, that's starting off on the wrong foot if you are law enforcement, your opinion is just that, and you should separate that from your job.... you aren't paid for your opinion.

· Vendor
28,363 Posts
You and I are definitely different. I don’t believe a game warden doing his job which we hunters pay him to do is a violation of my constitutional. I don’t believe having a conversation and answering a few questions is any problem whatsoever, especially my constitutional rights. Lol We were on our way to show him the deer when I figured out what the real issue was. So we went and I showed him where the deer was shot and fell. Then he talked to the land owner and everything was as I had said. He apologized and explained he had to follow up on poaching tips.
In less than an hour, everything was fine. No need for a lawyer, time off to explain to a judge and a lawyer. If I had gotten chitty, my name would have been in the papers, then the internet just as the fellow from NC Just had done to him. Once that would happen it would have been on every archery site and that would take a toll on my livelihood.

What is funny to me is how you come on here a keyboard cowboy trying to sound like a real bas azz and starting crap with people for no apparent reason. Then once in the conversation you ignore the questions asked.

12,229 Posts
Interesting video of a situation any hunter could find themselves in when jealousy from other hunters accuse you of poaching and officers overstep.

Video is 18:39 long.

Watched it the other day. Pisses me off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
3,829 Posts
You and I are definitely different. I don’t believe a game warden doing his job which we hunters pay him to do is a violation of my constitutional. I don’t believe having a conversation and answering a few questions is any problem whatsoever, especially my constitutional rights. Lol We were on our way to show him the deer when I figured out what the real issue was. So we went and I showed him where the deer was shot and fell. Then he talked to the land owner and everything was as I had said. He apologized and explained he had to follow up on poaching tips.
In less than an hour, everything was fine. No need for a lawyer, time off to explain to a judge and a lawyer. If I had gotten chitty, my name would have been in the papers, then the internet just as the fellow from NC Just had done to him. Once that would happen it would have been on every archery site and that would take a toll on my livelihood.

What is funny to me is how you come on here a keyboard cowboy trying to sound like a real bas azz and starting crap with people for no apparent reason. Then once in the conversation you ignore the questions asked.
A police officer came to investigate a legal action. You showed him the kill sight, he talked to the land owner, and you took him to the taxidermist to show him the deer….. because he had a tip? Thats so unjustified. Then you say its okay because we pay them to do that… LOL, I know I dont!!

***…. Im calling the cops and telling them you were speeding on the ride home. You going to let them download the information from your ECU to prove you weren’t? Im going to call them and tell them your a pedophile with photos stashed in your house, you going to let them come look around? Its literally the same premise.

No need for a lawyer, day off or a judge? *** would any of that been needed anyways, you said it was all legal??? A LE needs something to bring charges against you, not a tip…

Im a keyboard cowboy? No dude, your just weak and cant comprehend where Im coming from! He was doing his job? No he violated your rights, your just not smart enough to see it… thats okay I guess, you do you, no LE is violating my rights because I killed a deer.

PS - go back and read your posts, the not killing a 200” deer was an attempt at a dig, you just failed at being a keyboard cowboy there the same way you did as a man when you felt the need to prove to the LE you didn’t break a law.

Again, you do you.

41 - 60 of 91 Posts