Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
ebayuserid:hunting_par
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are leaving KC in the morning for Michigan. We are staying at a Courtyard in Livonia through Wednesday. We have hospital tours at Botsford on Monday and I have found a distant relative in Clarkston. We will be looking for housing and getting familiar with the area the rest of the time.

We need a house within 20 minutes of the hospital due to call requirements. I am in the market for a job as well. My company just announced a 50% reduction in the US Sales Force effective in June. I will be taking a severance package so I can move with my wife to Michigan. Fortunately she will make a salary as a Resident and my severance package will carry us through the end of the year. Unemployment funds are worst case scenario so any help or guidance for work would be greatly appreciated. I have a long and very successful list of accomplishments in Sales and Management plus a well decorated ProStaff background to boot.

Thanks to all of the fellow AT'ers who have been so forthcoming with information already.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Try posting in The Michigan state forum you might be able to get more help there.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
good luck on a job in this state.

a house should be easy. There are several vacant. MI is one if not the worst state in the country right now.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
ya, not a good job market there

Homes should be at great bargin prices since evryone got up and left Michigan.

If your wife has a great job you can buy a great home for about nothing.

There are some great archery shops there. MJC in Royal oak, MI and there is shupaks in Jackson, MI.

THERE IS A GREAT 3d CLUB IN WEST BLOMFIELD, mi (i THINK)
tHE dETROIT ARCHERS

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Oakland County Sportsmans Club is in Clarkston and has everything. Indoor and outdoor archery,shotgun,pistol-rifle range ,auto racing,muzzle loading,campground and more check them out. :darkbeer:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts