Archery Talk Forum banner

Fast Eddie xl clearance

532 Views 5 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  sneak1413
I just got my v3x all set up with my fast Eddie xl with the uv3 scope. To get it sighted in I am maxed all the way to the right. I still have the micro adjust I can use if need be but it seems odd to me that I have to have the scop against the sight bar. Anybody else run into this issue and is there a solution
Automotive tire Gas Motor vehicle Font Metal

Automotive tire Bicycle part Bicycle handlebar Water bottle Motor vehicle
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4,474 Posts
I am going to say it has to with how close the bar is now to the centershot. If you hang the bow up like from a basement ceiling joist hook with an arrow nocked and rest up, get behind it a couple feet and sight down the string to the riser handle the arrow rest and to the tip of the arrow, and then see where the pin is in relationship to the string. For a right handed shooter, the pin should be just left of the string, sometimes it can be all just about perfectly in line. Everything should line up just about straight down the pipe. If it does, then nothing is really out of wack, and your form is pretty good. If thats the case, then it has to do with how much the sight bar going through the riser has moved the whole thing toward the centershot.

· Registered
3,720 Posts
I believe it’s because the bridge lock with the sight being mounted inside the riser.

· Registered
3,443 Posts
Yep - ditch the bridge lock and mount it normally - no issues....

· Registered
15,699 Posts
If you call Spot Hogg you can buy their QD windage system and they have an Ultraview adapter that will bolt up to it and give you more windage. But yes, because of the diameter of the scope and where it needs to be in order to be sighted in, this is completely normal. Some people will actually run out of windage due to centershot and torque issues causing the sight to need to be moved further to the right than "normal". But the upgraded windage system will give you plenty of windage and will actually put the edge of the housing inside the windage block a little bit if needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts