Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
intellectus supra scientia
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I switched that from how it was originally attached to the other side. I still can't get my pins anywhere near far enough to the left.

Wondering if I'm missing something. Sent SH an email through their website a couple days ago, no response. Tried calling them yesterday, not realizing that they go home at 3:30 in the afternoon. I need a job like that...

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the same 5 pin FE site. The site and individual pins can be adjusted for windage. The pins have screws to move up and down and L/R. My site is now set up for 100 yd shots.
I get that. Maybe the attached pic will illustrate my problem. In this picture, the Fast Eddie is held right above my current sight, with the windage on the Fast Eddie set as far left as it will go on the dial. Still is not as far left as my current pins are.

I double checked center shot; the center of my arrow is right around 27/32" off the riser. A buddy lent me his old SH sight to check in a similar fashion; that sight (believe it's a Seven Deadly Pins) has enough windage adjustment to move the pins to be in line with the pins on my current sight.

I'm left with the feeling that I'm just missing something... which is why I think this may be a dumb question. Something I'm just not seeing.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,258 Posts
Yeah, I switched that from how it was originally attached to the other side. I still can't get my pins anywhere near far enough to the left.

Wondering if I'm missing something. Sent SH an email through their website a couple days ago, no response. Tried calling them yesterday, not realizing that they go home at 3:30 in the afternoon. I need a job like that...
Far enough left or far enough right? In the picture you have the micro adjust maxed to the right, not the left(at least in terms of sight in). Per your picture you have .25" more left adjustment and .75" more right adjustment on your coarse adjustment of your sight depending on how you put the spacer. There is one more location not shown in these photos that will give you another .25" of left adjustment. And the picture in the lower right has the screws on the wrong side so don't use the screw head locations for that picture. If you need to go further left, take the same orientation that the top right picture has the spacer, and move it to the other side of the post. This will shove you way to the left. Then use your micro adjust from there. If you need even more adjustment to the left, spot hogg has a smaller spacer to give you yet another 1/4" of adjustment, but that is almost never ever needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Far enough left or far enough right? In the picture you have the micro adjust maxed to the right, not the left(at least in terms of sight in). Per your picture you have .25" more left adjustment and .75" more right adjustment on your coarse adjustment of your sight depending on how you put the spacer. There is one more location not shown in these photos that will give you another .25" of left adjustment. And the picture in the lower right has the screws on the wrong side so don't use the screw head locations for that picture. If you need to go further left, take the same orientation that the top right picture has the spacer, and move it to the other side of the post. This will shove you way to the left. Then use your micro adjust from there. If you need even more adjustment to the left, spot hogg has a smaller spacer to give you yet another 1/4" of adjustment, but that is almost never ever needed.
Thanks. I actually just talked to Linda at SH, and she sent me an instruction sheet for how to use that bracket. I switched it to "max left" and I can now get the pins to line up... although it's about as far left as they can go.

Out of curiosity, I also put the bow on my draw board with an arrow nocked. If I look down the string and line up the string with the arrow, the vertical line of the pins is to the left of that plane. This seems like it shouldn't be right... but I've shot this bow out to 70 yards with this setup, and the windage is correct. Does that maybe indicate something else?

·
Registered
15,258 Posts
Thanks. I actually just talked to Linda at SH, and she sent me an instruction sheet for how to use that bracket. I switched it to "max left" and I can now get the pins to line up... although it's about as far left as they can go.

Out of curiosity, I also put the bow on my draw board with an arrow nocked. If I look down the string and line up the string with the arrow, the vertical line of the pins is to the left of that plane. This seems like it shouldn't be right... but I've shot this bow out to 70 yards with this setup, and the windage is correct. Does that maybe indicate something else?
That is perfectly normal because your bow twists at full draw due to the cables pulling on the bow. This is why setting your 3rd axis on a vise will only get you close but never quite perfect if you are shooting at more extreme angles and distances.

Also hoyt and mathews have some of the thickest risers in the industry and so some sights will be near the max adjustment. As posted above that is part of why spot hogg came out with the new windage system this year. It gives you another 3/16" or so to the left and quite a bit more to the right for the new mathews bridge lock mount.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Is your bow tuned ? Have u shot it through paper ? Hitting left might indicate a tail right tear. Might have to adjust rest or could be to stiff of an arrow. If it’s tuned and ur grouping good wouldn’t worry and would just run it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts